cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF output with text cut horizontally

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a 12 page webi report with CLOB objects and the text in report get cut when exported to PDF. For example, if the text flows from one page to second page it get cut. This was not an issue in the earlier version 6.5. SAP confirmed this as a bug.

Using restful webservices i was able to export it into PDF (no text getting cut) with out the pages option (all data showing up in one page). But the issue when printed, only one page of data get printed not all 12 pages. If i export using pages option in Restful (/reportid/pages) the result will be with text getting cut.

Wondering any way i can export to one page and take printout or may be convert the one page to many pages of PDF without text get cut.

Any ideas or suggestion for a work around is appreciated.

Thanks,
Arun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

eric_festinger
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Arun,

I'm not sure to fully understand what you want to do... Export to PDF the whole report on one single page?

Regards,

eric

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Eric. After export on printing i get only one page.

Is there a way i can do some thing like this in the REST

/reportid/page1/page2/page3....etc

or export as one page and able to print all 12 pages.

eric_festinger
Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried something like that:

GET [application/pdf] .../report/{reportId}/pages?widthScaling=<your widthScaling value>&heightScaling<your heightScaling value>

?

widthScaling (respectively heightScaling) is the count of pages per report displaying in width (respectively height).

nota bene: before 4.1 SP4, default values for widthScaling and heightScaling were set to 0 meaning no constraint. Since 4.1 SP4, default behaviour is to keep document's settings.

eric

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Eric for the suggestion. I tried different numbers for width and height but still the output page get cut. But if i don't use the option of pages (/report/{reportId}) the output comes in 1 page (even though report is running to 12 pages). Any idea how can i split the single page pdf output into 12 pages?

Thanks,
Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eric,

Is there an option to export it to a word doc using REST?

I don't see that option anywhere in the docs.

Thanks,
Arun

daniel_paulsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

There is no option to export to Word.

Is it possible that you have the page size set to A4 in the webi document and you are printing to Letter sized printer (or something along those lines)?  Check the page size in the document and make sure it matches the paper size on your printer.  Also, do you see the same issue when viewing and exporting from BI launchpad to a paginated format?

Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dan. I am getting the right output if i don't mention pages in the URL (.../reports/reportid).

But in that case the output cannot be printed because the PDF displays only 1 page. [Is there an option to print all the pages even if it display only 1 page]?

Tried page size, width and height modification still the text is cut.

Also how can i display it i a html page? I tried with text/html but throwing RS0058 >not acceptable< error.

Thanks,
Arun

daniel_paulsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

If you get the same results for PDF in BI Launchpad, I don't believe the SDK will be able to produce anything different.  It can be a problem with text cut off for lengthy objects that span pages and the solution may end up being manipulating the cell or cell position on the page ever so slightly.  I've also seen similar issues resloved by simply putting a space in the cell that gets cut off.

For the HTML export error, what URL were you using?  You cannot simply request

.../reports/<reportId>/pages

for HTML format as it cannot generate a separate HTML file per page this way.

You must either export in listing mode (everything on one page) or specify the page number.

HTML output is supported with the following reqests:

.../reports/<reportId>                                     (listing mode)

.../reports/<reportId>/pages/<pagenumber>    (single page)

Dan