SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Splitting Per Commitment Item

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I was wondering if you have come across any meaningful business need to have document splitting per commitment Item ? does it make sense ?

Best Regards,

Mohamed

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is essential if you want to activate FM on-line payment update. Please, consult note  882379 - FMPU_R: Recommendations for online payment update for more information.

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is essential if you want to activate FM on-line payment update. Please, consult note  882379 - FMPU_R: Recommendations for online payment update for more information.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Thanks Eli for your answer, I will go through the notes more deeply I am sure it will help,

I understand it is needed for on-line payment update in FM,

I wanted to know how will it influence the FI

From FI perspective when

when Document splitting for profit center is active

Entry View :-

Vendor       CR    2000

expense1     DR   1000     PRCT1

expense2     DR     1000     PRCT2

GL View

Vendor       CR    1000     PRCT1

expense1     DR   1000     PRCT1

Vendor       CR    1000     PRCT2

expense2     DR     1000     PRCT2

If I have document splitting for a commitment Item,

how will the GL view look like, I suppose the vendor line has its own Commitment Item hence can't inherit the CI from any of the expense GLs ?

Best Regards,

Mohamed

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, of course not; the data won't be inherited. CIs, being mandatory assignments, when PSM-FM is switched cannot be kept empty during the posting on lines of a document. Splitting in this case is mainly technical for correct registry of FM document, both in FM tables and in FAGL_SPLINFO. GL view of FM document won't be effected. Unless, of course you activate zero-balance flag on this characteristic, but it definitely doesn't make sense.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

small remark.

In standard way there is no impact to New GL view, because there in no field CI in faglflex* tables (of cause if you're not on psm* or fm* tables)

According to my experience splitting for CI uses often (apart from on line payment update).

For instance: to build Cash flow with analytic GL+CI, Liabilities wise CIs and so on...

Of cause for that you need to activate splitting, then enhance fagl* tables for Z* commitment item field and so on.