Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Object Creation Form

former_member1270519
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have created an equipment custom model with just a single attribute in an entity and created a form using the template USMD_OVP_GEN_TEMPLATE. Also made MDG communicator settings mentioned in the Custom object creation guide.

But, upon opening the creation form we do not see any CR related items such as CR UIBB, Submit button.

Can anyone please guide as to what may be missing?

Thanks,

Sagar Dixit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member1270519
Participant
0 Kudos

Update: The above issue is now resolved, approver is now able to view the correct application.

Maintaining UI applications at CR step level proved to be sufficient. We re-tested a few times with different users and it works.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Sagar Dixit

former_member1270519
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply again. I was able to get the Submit button by setting Source Config Type to General in MDG Communicator settings for crWIRE.

Now, the problem is when I submit my request, the approver isn't able to approve it because the system isn't able to determine a UI Config. Below is a screenshot of the page and error that approver is seeing.

I have already tried the following

• Set UI config at CR Step level - Didn't work and had to remove it because oddly the error changed to something like 'USMD_ENTITY_VALUE2 does not have a configuration'. We're not using USMD_ENTITY_VALUE2 at all as we're on MDG 8.0
  • Set Standard Data Model for object R_FMDM_MODEL in User Personalization for approver- Didn't work
  • Created an entry in Link logical actions with UI appl. and Bus. Activity for Custom - Didn't work; Removed entry
  • Created an entry in Link logical actions with business activity for Custom - Didn't work
  • Created a Role and set authorization objects USMD_CREQ and USMD_UI2 with full authorizations; set std. data model for object R_FMDM_MODEL under Personalization; assigned role to approver - Didn't work.

The above error remains unchanged.

I feel the system thinks the approver is trying to Create a CR, hence there's some conflict.

Can you please help us here by providing some tips/guidance on what needs to be checked/changed?

Thanks,

Sagar Dixit

former_member1270519
Participant
0 Kudos

Update: After changing the Logical Action to Standard CREATE and implementing few methods of access class, we're now able to see the CR UIBB. But still we're missing the Submit Button.

Please let us know if we can try anything which may help.

Thanks,

Sagar Dixit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sagar,

Please check below in your UI configuration.

• Check whether USMD_GEN_OVP is maintained in Application Controller Settings as below:

• Make sure you have maintained below information also in Wire Schema.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sagar,

I am also facing same issue.

Can you please let me know which method you have implemented to get the CR UIBB.

Regards,

Sudhir Wakodikar

ashish_bhadani
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sagar,

Need your help......I am Facing the same problem what you are getting in this post as CR UIBB is not coming for my Custom Form............Will you please let me know what code u have written in Access Class so that u have got this UIBB and what methods u have implements

and how u get the submit button........Please give ur valuable suggestion

Regards

Ashish

ashish_bhadani
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hey bro,

Will u please guide whats step should i follow........I already followed whatever suggestion u have given in the post but still i am not getting my CR UIBB for my custom form............Please let me know what should i do to bring my CR UIBB with submit Button.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Please check all steps as mentioned in below thread once.

ashish_bhadani
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hey,

I Followed all the steps but still facing the same issue..........Dont know whats the problm will be ....not coming my CR UIBB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sagar,

Can you please let me know which method you have implemented for CR UIBB.

Please give your valuable input on above issue which is resolved for you.

Regards,

Sudhir Wakodikar

former_member1270519
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish, Sudhir

Earlier we had created a custom Action for this custom object but now we are using the standard Action CREATE provided by SAP.

Actions are defined under MDGIMG > General Settings > Process Medeling > Business Activities > Define Logical Actions.

These actions are referenced by business activities which are maintained under

MDGIMG > General Settings > Process Medeling > Business Activities > Create Business Activity.

You need to implement every method of interface IF_USMD_PP_ACCESS in the access class.

You can provide a blank implementation if you don't want the method to do anything.

Regards,

Sagar Dixit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sagar,

Please make sure same Page Id name is given in both UI configuration of USMD_GEN_OVP_TEMPLATE and Component configuration of communicator settings MDG_BS_GOV_COMMUNICATOR. Below example Page id is "MAIN"

USMD_GEN_OVP_TEMPLATE:

MDG_BS_GOV_COMMUNICATOR:

former_member1270519
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, we checked the Page ID and it is same (MAIN) for the UI template and the Communicator. Also,

• UI Application Configuration name and the Communicator Config name are same
  • Communicator Source component name is correct  - FPM_FORM_UIBB_GL2
  • Communicator Source Config name is correct - Config Name of the only UIBB on the MAIN page

Anything else that needs to be checked?

Thanks,

Sagar Dixit