cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C4C - How to do a html mashup ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I try to do a html mashup into C4C (integrate an external webpage into a panel).

The frame is here but it doesnt display anything, it's white inside.

I tried directly to create that via Administrator in C4C or via the Cloud Application Studio.

The results are the same.

But when I followed a complex tutorial about googlemap mashup, it worked half.

http://a248.g.akamai.net/n/248/420835/d047db12c76fe649a7a6727dd1f2d16dd466a47fc88554db2d49e7d267f99a...

The map was displayed but I couldn't enter a parameter (address).

It came with a lot of steps : parameters binding, PTP, inport/ouport etc...

When i followed simple tutorials (only to display something), it didn't work.

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sometimes yes for saintseiya.com for example.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are the mashup components and simple navigation steps done easily in the EC part?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont know sorry.

Please can you make a tutorial to only display a HTML mashup (without passing parameters) in the visit planner if its possible ?

I would like to display it in the visit planner instead of what we see by default.

And later I will display a HCP screen and communicate with Odata.

But for the moment, I can't add field in visit planner via C4C adapt mode (no add button) to add an existing mashup. And I can't find the relative object in Cloud application studio.

Or I tried to create Activity extension object but I  find nothing when I enhance screen.

It's a long message...

But first, can you make a simple tutorial with screenshots about how to make a simple html mashup (display a website) ? And if possible in visit planner instead of what we see ?

Thank you a lot in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you send me your email id to share the document. It will be easier to guide you with that reference.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My email is : chamoloss@live.fr

Thanks !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check your mail for the document and sorry for the late reply

former_member189296
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Jeremy,

I also tried to display a website in html mashup but failed to do so. This might be because some websites doesn't support to be displayed in frames. I tried with google maps (maps.google.com) but with parameters and it is working properly. I can see th maps in my screen. Also want to let you know that it is not necessary that every html mashup will work in every screens in the system. For e.g. I am able to add this simple website mashup in account screens but in opportunity it is not visible in adaptation mode. Also I request Srinivasan to share document over here if possible so that everyone can learn. If not , can you plz mail me as well @ saurabhsharma981@gmail.com?

Thanks and Regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

You don't have to be sorry.

Thx but you sent me the document I already posted on my first message. (google map)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are also facing problem with the Opportunity screen extension. Try embedding it in some other standard screen.

And you can try any URL without giving any parameters following the document you have posted.

former_member189296
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasan,

Thanks for sharing your views. Actually I tried url without giving any parameters with both URL navigation and HTML preview port binding (google.com/.co.in, facebook, also the website Jeremy mentioned) but unfortunately doesn't work out for me as well. Like I mentioned some websites do not allow to be displayed in frames this might be the reason for it I guess. But Google maps are working fine as well.

So, can you plz. try to design a simple HTML mashup for any URL in your system and share a screenshot for it? So that the problem can be found out.

Thanks and Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Will share the screen tonight. I am able to preview the HCP login screen and hence you can also preview a HCP URL. Is there any specific URL which you want me to check.

Regards,

Srinivasan

former_member189296
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasan,

Just share the screenshot  for configuration of any simple  url like google and the one Jeremy mentioned.

Thanks and Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Hope this is the configuration you are asking for.

Regards,

Srinivasan

former_member189296
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasan,

Yes. But I can see in preview window no preview is shown.

Thanks & Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

The URL does not fit into the frame. When you click "Open this content in a new window" you can view your URL.

It will fit into your EC automatically. Unfortunately we have to preview like this for some URL's.

former_member189296
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasan

Did you try to use this html mashup in any of the screens using adaptation mode? Do they work over there?

Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

No I haven't tried that yet.

former_member189296
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasan,

Actually I have tried but still didn't work out for me. Can you plz, try in your system?

Regards,

Saurabh

former_member189296
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

Can you plz. try doing like this:-

<html>

<body>

<script language="JavaScript">

document.write('<iframe height="290" width="1000" name="main" src="https://www.google.com"></iframe>');

</script>

</body>

</html>

And tell us if this works or not.

Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

Have you done the inports and outports bindings correctly as in your reference?

Regards,

Srinivasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I tried before, but for the moment i would like to do a simple mashup, just to display a webpage without passing arguments. Is it possible without inport and ouport ?

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it is possible, say in your case you can display google maps. But if you want to open a specific address in the map it would not be possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

But I can't display google map or a simple website, for example saintseiya.com or google.fr

Former Member
0 Kudos

when you give the url in the mashup configuration, are you able to see the preview?

former_member189296
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

Sometimes preview doesn't work and shows only frame. I suggest you to make your mashup visible without worrying about the preview(I hope you have configured your mashup properly). Make your mashup visible on screens using Adaptation/personalization mode. For more info plz. follow admin guide or help center.

Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx for your answer.

I didn't talk about the preview but the final solution.

You can see it in my screenshot.

former_member189296
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

then there is some configuration problem. Can you plz post a screenshot of your mashup configuation when done via administrator?

Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx for your help,

here is my configuration's screenshot :

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2016/12/1458918100-saintmashup-config.jpg

It links to a simple web page.

I made this one with Cloud application studio.

To do it with C4C admin, I had to add a field with adapt (after removing development mode workcenter view and disabling cloud application studio usage)

and leave the binding parameter blank from mashup configuration to be able to see the mashup in the panel of screen edition.

former_member189296
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

I tried doing it but with URL mashup and it is working fine. Because you are configuring html mashup and taking url navigation in port binding that's why it is not working. For simple url navigation try doing it using url mashup otherwise it won't work.

Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried to remove the port binding or choose "html preview" and it still doesnt work.

Regards,

Jeremy

former_member189296
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

Do it with url mashup. Create a new url mashup one and then it should work.

Regards,

Saurabh         

Former Member
0 Kudos

But i don't want a URL mashup.

I want a webpage integrated into C4C. I think it's only HTML mashup and URL is a link ?