cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPS 11 Upgrade :Rounding off issue ,Value mismatching with Rev83 This question is Not Answered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am in need of priority help here :

As per SAP w.e.f SPS 9  the division function for  “ Integer/Integer “  has a output now “decimal (11,6)”  .Since we are upgrading from Rev 83 to Rev111 .We are having mismatches in our values.Few sample difference are shown as below :

Pre Upgrade value : 124

Post Upgrade value : 124.00

Pre Upgrade Value : 130.23

Post Upgrade value :130.24

These value are huge as UoM is MUSD for many of our reports.

We have no easy means right now to find the impacted objects as they look to us huge .

We also want to know is there any configuration setting which we can change to nullify this change.

We are sure to get replies and solutions as many of our experts must already be in SPS9 and while upgrading from lower version would have encountered such issue.Request you all to please help !.

Thanks

Balwant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

Thanks for your reply and enlightening me on the rules of urgency on SCN,I will keep this in mind.

We are getting difference in the values we are getting in SPS 8.3 and
SPS 11 for the below query.

SPS 8.3 value matches the hand held calculator
while our new SPS 11 system misses it big time especially if we have to
multiply this factor to a MUSD number.

select ( 22*1000*11 ) * (to_decimal( 1/ 12)) from dummy gives different
results :

SPS 8.3 gives us 20166.66666666666666666666666666667

SPS 111 gives us 20166.586

The impact for us is huge as these factors are getting multiplied to big MUSD numbers.

What has been done by experts to know the impact on different objects like Queries,Procedures,models and the mitigation plan to match to the earlier version numbers.

I would be indebted Lars or any other expert could help us!.

Thanks

Balwant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balwant,

You may use the following syntax as a work around:

SELECT ROUND((22*1000*11)*(1/12), 6, ROUND_DOWN) FROM DUMMY;

It will be rounded to 6 places after decimal; 20,166.666666

Prasad A V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

The problem is my multiplication factor ,in this case (1/12) which starts to differ in SPS8.3 and SPS111.As the difference increases so is my MUSD value.

Problem statement : What has been done by experts to know the impact on different objects like Queries,Procedures,models and the mitigation plan to match to the earlier version numbers.

Thanks

Balwant

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, as explained often here and in most other forums I have ever been active in:

If your request is urgent and requires priority, then this is the wrong place to put it.

SCN is a professional forum of volunteers that typically look into questions they are interested in or where they feel that they know the correct answer. And those volunteers do that whenever they feel like it. There's no SLA, no promise and no guarantee here.

I am not quite sure which of the several changes that had been made to the internal data type processing you refer to (happen to have a SAP note number or document on this at hand?) - but the examples you provided seem to be fixable by applying the correct rounding and type casting functions yourself.

For the second example where the value changed from 130.23 to 130.24 I'd say, that either the two versions don't actually should do the same thing or one of them is doing it wrong.

If the newer version is actually doing the correct thing (e.g. by calculating with less rounding errors before final conversion to the output data type), then the old version was faulty.

As for finding the instances where this occurs: that might become complicated, since you could have used it at any place in your model. But since you seem to have proper testing in place, it should be easy to find which reports now differ and dig deeper on those.