Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Oracle Provider for OLE DB" is not available in OLE DB Provider(S) list

Ckumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have just Installed SAP IDM 7.2 SP 10 on windows server 2008 64 bit.

Here database is Oracle 11g and 64 bit database client has been also installed on the Management Console server, Run time server and VDS server.

We have also installed 64 bit JVM

After completion of installation of Management console when I tried to add new Identity Center, I could not find "Oracle Provider for OLE DB" in the OLE DB Provider(s) list. Attached the screenshot.

As per the Installation docs (Screenshot Attached), we need to install the 32-bit version of the Oracle client if you run a 32-bit Java Virtual Machine.

Here, I am using 64-bit Java Virtual Machine so i thought to go with the 64-bit Oracle client however next sentence "The Management Console requires a 32-bit version of the database client" confused me now.

Is it mandatory to install the 32-bit Oracle client (mandatory if database is Oracle) as The Management Console requires a 32-bit version of the database client?

or,

We need to install 32-bit Oracle Client only when we want to use 32-bit JAVA Virtual Machine.

, : Please Confirm.

I have already gone through the earlier relevant SCN post

and found the answer by that

"If you are using Oracle as your database system, make sure to install the 32-bit version of the

Oracle client if you run a 32-bit Java Virtual Machine on Microsoft Windows. This will be the

case on the server running the Identity Center Management Console.

Oracle 11

For Oracle 11, the 32-bit client must be downloaded separately.

If you install the 32-bit and 64-bit client on the same server, remove the 32-bit client from

PATH."

This answer has been posted for older version of SAP IDM 7.2.

Wanted to know that is there any way to use Oracle Client 64 bit for SAP IDM 7.2 SP10? If yes then what steps I need to follow to get "Oracle Provider for OLE DB" in OLE DB Provider(S) list.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ckumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

I have installed 32-bit Database client in management console server and now I am able to find the "Oracle Provider for OLE DB" in the OLE DB provider list.

However it would be great if anyone could confirm is it possible to use 64 bit database client with MC. If yes then how?

Regards,

C Kumar

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

, can you comment on the use of 64 Bit Oracle Drivers? I'm pretty sure they are still not supported.

Thanks,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in general the guidance is to match 32/64-bit-wise the OS, JVM, db client and applications. I tried to see in some test environments but it was not a 64-bit stack with MC, developers told me that the MC is calling Windows APIs to discover the available drivers. So there might be something between the Windows and the driver also. Needs to research more.

Best wishes,

Fedya

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi there!

Please make sure that the odbc jar file is in the classpath for IDM (Tools/Options)

Matt

Ckumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply

I have already put the directory path of odbc jar file in the classpath for IDM (Tools/Options).

My Management Console and Runtime is on different server. In each server Oracle database client 64 bit is installed however the directory path of ojdbc6.jar file is not same on the both server..

Presently, I am using Directory path of the ojdbc6.jar of runtime server for JDBC Driver jar and Classpath extension in Tools->Options->Java.

Do I need to change the Classpath Extension to local directory path of ojdbc.jar.

Please suggest.

Regards,

C Kumar

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, you'll also need to regenerate the dispatchers. 

Yes, when you move the dispatchers, check the files to make sure that the classpath references are still good for the new environment.

Matt