Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Input parameter as days instead of Date in Characteristics

former_member200650
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I wanted to enter the days instead of days/mon/year format.

assigned the standard charcterstics : LOBM_VFDAT and LOBM_LWEDT to the class( Z _batch) in CL02, now when i maintain records in VCH1

want to enter the rule like if any batch more than 7 days system should not determine.

don't want to enter the date format ( system is accepting only date format).

please let me know if you need any further information?

thanks,

Message was edited by: G Lakshmipathi

Please use the subject effectively

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

I have not worked specifically in this area of batch selection, but I think following may help.

Since you are using "date" as characteristics of the field, SAP will expect date format in that field.

If your requirement is to enter the "no of days", then the attribute of that field should be numeric with description something like "Number of days in past from current date".
Standard codes are available to derive "date difference".

From current "system date" less the value you enter in earlier characteristics, to reach past date which is acceptable product expiry date.

The result will be compared with expiry date of product to pull the desired products.

Regards,

Vaibhav K, PMP

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh

You are using wrong characteristics ,please use LOBM_RLZ.

Please follow the below link.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f0caed4a-40f9-2c10-349a-96ec617a8...

Regards

former_member200650
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Santosh for your reply. Yes i do agree with you if we use the Char" LOBM_RLZ which will allow to enter no of days.

Business already using z class which contains the above chars( LOBM_VFDAT & LOBM_LWEDT). the definition of the char LOBM_VFDAT contains the date format hence it is not accepting it.

and the above class is assigned in the definition of the strategy type SD01 which is being used for their existing process . And business don't want to add any more char to the class.

And the above mentioned  requirement for some specific requirement there business will enter the expiry date manually in the batch after receiving the stock from the vendor and they don't maintain any self life in material master plant data.

BTW, to meet above requirement we created new strategy type in which we assigned new class which contains LOBM_RLZ along with LOBM_VFDAT,LOBM_LFDAT.

Anyway thanks for your information.