cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consignment Fill Up Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

Please help in below mentioned problem on Consignment Fill up Doc...

I have created the sales document for Consignment Fill up as CF.

Created an Item Category for the Same purpose as VBN.

Assigned them together using VOV4. with item group as norm.

Assigned the "CF" to Sales Area.

Defined a Schedule Line category as VO.

Define the Assign Schedule line settings as below:

Item Cat VBN -

MRP Type KD -

Schedule Line VO

Defined the Material with MRP Type as KD and item group as NORM.

Availability check have been defined as KP in material.

Now when i am creating the order then error is coming that item category does not exist. Could u all please let me know where my settings have gone wrong

Thank you in advance,

Regards

Vipin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>Consignment Cycle:</b>

1. Consignment fill up:

Sales document type is KB

Item category KBN

schedule line category 1

In this step, you are not invoicing the customer. document flow is sales order -

delivery item category. It will not be relevant for billing and pricing because you are not charging money for these goods in this step.

In schedule line category, you will set movement type 631 & set for availability check and TOR.

2. Consignment Issue.

Once the customer informed you that he used all the goods or partial goods then you will create consignment issue for used goods.

Sales document: KE

Item category: KEN

schedule line category: C0 or C1

Here you are invoicing the customer(because he used the goods). you are assigning the delivery document and billing document to the sales document.

In item category, you are setting relevant for billing, pricing, special stock.

In schedule line category, your setting is 633 movement type, relevant for availability check & TOR.

3. Consignment Return:

Customer found that some goods are damaged or he not able to sold the goods he want to send it back. that you are creating this document.

Sales document type: KR

Item category: KRN

You will assign delivery document and billing to sales document. you will create return order, return delivery, return billing.

Your setting item category relevant for billing, returns, pricing, special stock.

Your setting schedule line item category: 634 movement type, NO availability NO TOR.

4. Consignment Pick up:

Even if you create the consignment return the goods are not come to direct to your plant. For that you need to create consignment pick up. here the owner ship is not changing so you do not need to create billing.

Assign return delivery to sales document type.

Sales document: KA

Item category: KAN

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Here I have another error while doing the PGI for the document in Consignment Issue. The error message says that " Material Posting is possible between 2007/04 and 2007/03." I have created the Sales order in 05 2007, and I have closed the posting period for 04 2007. Then why this error is coming. Can any one help on this.

Regards

Vipin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Close the posting period in MMPV for 05' 2007.

Your problem will be solved.

Reward points if helpful.

Regards,

Amrish Purohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amrish,

Why posting needs to be closed for 05,2007. Since I am already into 05,2007.

I guess we close the posting at the end of month or in between as well?

Please clarify me on this.

Thank you

Vipin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,,,,

My problem got solved by closing the posting period. But need the reply for my query that what is the purpose of closing the period through MMPV. could anyone explain.

Thanks,

Vipin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In MMPV by entering 05,2007, you would have closed 04,2007 and would have opened 05, 2007.

Award points if useful.

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vipin,

Can I ask you a question? Why you have to create a document type for Consignment Fill up when you already have a standard defined.

I think you would have missed out on some assignments and unless we see the system where you have configured it would be difficult to really identify the problem. Instead of creating a New document type / Item category by going thr new entries - just create the New document type / Item category etc by slecting the orininla one and SAVE AS and change name. this would be the ideal way to start working in the initial days.

Regards

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

I was checking all the settings involved in the standard documents . So I have created everything as New.

I know that something is missed out, So please help me in checking out the error.

It would be great if someone could provide me the step by step guide on this,

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Vipin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could any one help on this,

thanks

regards

Vipin

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Vipin,

as u said ,if the settings which u have maitained properly the way for CF, it should work.

still ur not getting means, somehow u missed something.

as per the error,

item category doesnt exist,

Possible checklist:

First Goto-VOV4,

doc type+ item cat group= item cat,

if itz ok, then goto MM02,

check item cat group- NORM,

even if itz ok, MM02, check MRP type

VOV5-

MRP type+ Item cat = schedule line cat,

check once again n let me know,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Riyajuddin,

I have done all these settings mentioned by you.

Vipin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You check whether assignment is there in vov4 or not that is CF+NORM = VBN

and come out of va01 to easy access and then go to va01. Do this this time you may succeed.

Thanks

Mastan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mastan,

I have done the settings mentioned by u

regds

Vipin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have u assigned the item category group " NORM" in the item category determination?

Thanks,

Satheesh.