Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF60 SLoc to SLoc Storage bin error

former_member198492
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have configured the MF60 Pull List to pull material from a central warehouse SLoc AAAA to a Production SLoc BBBB.

However, the storage bin is copied from AAAA instead of the fixed bin for SLoc BBBB that has been set.

Example

The diagram shows the config of plant/sloc/warehouse/storage type/bin BEFORE MF60 is processed (before staging)

Now I want to stage 25 off Material A1 using MF60 as there is a demand in BBBB for 25

So, I run MF60 successfully and stage the material

The material has now been moved in to SLoc BBBB but the fixed bin in the material master for SLoc has been ignored and the storage bin from AAAA has been copied across

Why is this happening? Why is the fixed bin in the MM not used?

Following the MF60 I have no PCN to process if this helps explain the error.

I hope I have explained my issue clearly enough

Thanks in advance

DArren

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I assume the storage bin which you are talking is destination storage bin. Firstly we do not have fixed bin specific to storage location, we have fixed bins in material master for 'warehouse+storage type' combination. So, this acts as fixed bin for all storage locations.

Now, in staging if WM-PP interface is active, destination bin is picked from control cycle and not material master. So check what bin you have specified in control cycle for 'material+production area' combination, that must be AAAA.

BR

kamlakar

former_member198492
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Kamlakar for response

Agreed, my fixed bins are not at SLoc (sorry for mislead) they are in W/h 11, St.Typ FB and these are maintained in the MM in WM2.

WM-PP is active

W/h, St.Typ, Storage Bin in control cycle is the same as defined in MM-WM2

What config am I missing or should re-check?

Thanks in advance

DArren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Darren,

Bit confused now, are you talking about system picking wrong source storage bin in MF60? or? thats what I can see in your reply to Manish. Because the bin in control cycle will be destination bin and source bin should be as per the search strategy.

BR

kamlakar

former_member198492
Contributor
0 Kudos

OK, best I show you a screen shot of actual test data to show issue

Plant 1000, 0001 SLoc is the main store. W01 is the warehouse, YD is the storage type and the bin is CONTAINER2.

The above screen dump is taken after running MF60 and staging 10kg of part 316264.

I'm expecting the storage type and bin to be taken from either the control cycle or MM WM2.

MM MW2

Control Cycle LPK3

Work centre showing the PSA same as CC

Does this info help?

former_member198492
Contributor
0 Kudos

I think I have found a way of correcting my issue

In order to stage the materials using MF60 and then 'tell' the system where to put the stock I need a PCN.

I am going to close this thread as answered so that I can start a new one with my PCN question

Thanks for all input

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

During production staging system doesn't consider the fixed bin value from the material master. it check the storage bin value from control cycle.

Can you please the term " storage bin from AAAA has been copied acros" more in detail

if this is related to Source bin in the Transfer order then system propose that based on storage type search strategy if you are talking about the destination bin then system picks that from the control cycle

former_member198492
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manish

To clarify the message" storage bin from AAAA has been copied across"

The storage bin where we hold stock in SLoc AAAA, W/h 11, St Typ YY (the source storage bin) is also the destination storage bin. Only the SLoc changes

e.g.

Before we run MF60 stock is in main warehouse. No stock is in the production SLoc

Plant-5000

SLoc-AAAA

S.Type-11

Bin-BIN1

After staging using MF60, we have this result;

Plant-5000

SLoc-BBBB

S.Type-11

Bin-BIN1

I was expecting the stock to be putaway in the fixed bin that I have maintained in the MM and the control cycle

The control cycle shows

Material A1

St.typ - FB

Bin - FIXED1

MM shows in WM2

St.typ - FB

Bin - FIXED1

If I need to review the storage type search, what should I be configuring to pick up the FB storage type?

As a note, I havent added any new movement type config for the 311 posting in LE/WM/Interfaces/IM/Define movement types. Do I need to?

Regards

Darren

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this is not related to MF60 then as end result of MF60 is TR, which will have the destination storage type and bin from CC,

you may want to have a look on the below existing thread for step in detail

https://scn.sap.com/thread/3785781