cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass Update of Account Group (0001 --> 0170)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working with a customer who for whatever reason created a bunch of customer master records under the wrong account group, 0001 (consumers as customers.)

The volume of data is large, so I am looking for a way to do a mass change of account group for those specific records.

I understand the XD07 transaction will not work in this situation. What about MASS?

If the MASS transaction, or some other way, takes care of the account group reassignment, I imagine a second procedure would then be required to somehow split the truncated name into the first and last as required for 0170, consumer account group. Any other considerations?

Thank you, Steve

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Use transaction code XD99. But still mass maintenance has its limitation to update records in single transaction and you may have to use this several times depending upon your customer master data. using this transaction MAYor MAY NOT effect your system performance. Just take advise from basis before using this t code for bulk data.

Alternatively you can create BDC and change the same by scheduling background jobs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Biju/Chetan, thank you, but this appears to be a little more complex. I had someone run a trace, and here's the result...

The save of a new 0001 vs the save of a new 0170: there are 29 INSERT statements for the 0001 and 118 for a 0170.

Bottom line:There are several tables that are used to save a consumer that are not used for a sold-to party. For a 0001 there is just an address stored in ADRC, but for a 0170, there's also a record stored in ADRP (Person), plus a cross-reference record stored in ADRVP. There's also data stored in ADRV that is quite different between a consumer and a sold-to.

Will the transactions you two are proposing still work? Are there other limitations?

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve, Biju & Chetan,

I have a customer that has done the opposite...they have created everything in an account group for customers and I now need to assign the persons in this account group to an account group set up for consumers.

Steve, did you ever come right with this? Your scenario may help me.

What are my options for doing the change? Some kind of mass change from the account group for customer to the account group for consumer? If I try this with one record in XD07, the SAP message is that the account group is reserved for consumers.

Please assist.

Thanks in advance,

Alan

Former Member
0 Kudos

You Can use MASS

select table KNA1 and field KNA1-KTOKD

for the change and you can do the mass update.

reward points if it helps

regards

Biju

Former Member
0 Kudos

For the name part again use MASS.

here first you would have to first note down the names in a trucated manner as required into an excel sheet and then cut and paste it in the MASS update again with KAN1 table and felds

KNA1-NAME1

KNA1-NAME2

reward points if it helps

regards

Biju