cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change ItmCatg of Phantom to prevent Production Order?

Former Member
0 Kudos

When receiving data from an external ordering system via an interface, at order creation time, I don't know if the components are spare parts being ordered individually or if the components must be assembled (production order). If I could initially set the item category for the Phantom material to something other than TAP I think I could control when the production order is generated via the schedule line's movement type. The only way I have found that allows me to change the item category on the phantom is when the phantom material does NOT have a strategy.

I would appreciate any suggestions for being able to change from assembly to non-assembly after the sales order is created (via the interface).

Thank you!

Katie Tidwell

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

baerbel_haenelt
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Katie,

to be on the save side you should delete the item and create it again. This is the only way to properly delete the assigned production order.

Best regards, Baerbel

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Followup on my question....

Is there a strategy type that I could put on the Phantom material so that the production order isn't automatically created when the sales doc is saved? After the interface creates the sales doc, order analysts will review the order to determine if the order is complete and could then change the item category of the phantom to denote that the lower level items are to be assembled. If the order analyst deletes the phantom, the lower level items are also deleted (not good!).

Thanks to everyone who tries to help me!

Katie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Katie,

You can also try to change the item category using user exits.

MV45AFZZ "userexit_move_field_to_vbap"

here may be according to your requirement you could determine the new item category.

reward points if it helps

regards

Biju