cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wily Enterprise Manager doesn't start: IntroscopeEnterpriseManager.properties empty after installation

michaellamberts
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello,

we have a problem with the Wily Enterprise Manager. It is a new installation and everything looks good, except the fact, that it doesn't start

The installationlog shows this information (Introscope_9.7.1.16_InstallLog.log):

Summary

-------

Installation: Successful.

1381 Successes

0 Warnings

0 NonFatalErrors

0 FatalErrors

But when we try to start, we get these messages:

Introscope Enterprise Manager failed to start because:

Invalid value  set for property introscope.enterprisemanager.clustering.mode in IntroscopeEnterpriseManager.properties file. Valid values are (case insensitive): StandAlone, MOM, Collector, CDV

Debug options:

file:/tmp/.options not found

The problem is obviously the file IntroscopeEnterpriseManager.properties,which is absolutely empty:

-rwxrwxr-x 1 esmadm sapsys     0 Mar 16 10:23 IntroscopeEnterpriseManager.properties

Any ideas, why? Or is this the normal behaviour and we have to fill this file? I couldn't find any documentation about such a step, all I found was topics to change some parameters within this file, but none to create it.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

Did you look at location? "usr\sap\CCMS\apmintroscope\config\" (This might different in your case)

Once you find config folder file is there

You can find lines as below

(In my case as below)

introscope.enterprisemanager.clustering.mode=StandAlone

Add value as per your installation

Please let e know if you have any question

Regards,

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I do not believe this file should be empty. It my case, it is actually full of properties and quite long with other text/info.

Specifically I see this entry:

####################################

introscope.enterprisemanager.clustering.mode=StandAlone

Have you tried to reinstall the EM yet? I'm sure you have but maybe there was an issue writing to the properties file when you did it.

Zach