Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Info structure Update Group error

Sanjitbhattacha
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have created one new infrastructure S998 coping from S710(Existing one)

Now my requirement is that in the characteristics field I will remove the product band field (ZZPH1 structure)

which is the first level of product hierarchy field and will put a new z field which we have created newly after structure break of the product hierarchy.

this is the new field catalog which I have created  through mc18 transaction code.Now my S998 infostructure looks like

this.I have generated this info structure and it is created perfectly.Now I am added the update group into this infostructure through MC24 and I am copying the update group from the infostructure s710(Which is Z0001).

Now when I am generation this I am getting error

Does anyone have idea what kind of error is this.Please give some suggestion what to do?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We can't possibly know on SCN what is in the custom update group and in the structure where you are attempting to copy from. The error messages have nothing to do with the Z field and point to the mismatch between the update event and source table.

I'd suggest not to copy the update from another structure (that might as well be incompatible) but create one instead.

Sanjitbhattacha
Explorer
0 Kudos

problem has been solved as the new field catalog which I have created which has not have the complete data now I have maintain that and I am not getting any error.

Now data is flowing in new S998 info structure but problem is that value of the new Z field is not flowing in the new info structure.

I have created a new order and it is updated in new info structure but Sub Brand value is not flowing into the infostructure.

Current PRODH structure

Update group

Does anyone have any idea why it is not coming?

I have some other query related to this info structure as I have copied one infostructure and created a new one which will be continued from now onwards so I have to discontinue the old info structure .How do I do that and when I discontinue that info structure then what will happen to the data of that info structure.

What is the purpose of the LBW0 transaction code?It is mandatory process to run this transaction code while creating a new info structure?

Regards,

Sanjit

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For Z fields I believe you need to add them to the communication structure and maybe add a user exit. Don't remember from the top of my head, it's been a while.

If you want to stop using an info structure, the first step would be to stop the update in OMO1 transaction and then delete all the data. You could also delete the info structure altogether afterwards, but we had very bad experience with it before, so we just let the definition be.

LBW0 has a description, seems rather self-explanatory. If you have any specific questions about this, kindly open a separate discussion as this is unrelated.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The event VC (for Delivery) belongs to MCLIPS and not MCVBAP structure.  So you need to check in MCLIPS.  On the other hand, event VA (for Order) is for MCVBAP

G. Lakshmipathi

Sanjitbhattacha
Explorer
0 Kudos

After copying I have not change any thing in existing info structure other then I am added one new Z field .If I will not add that Z field then all the updation working perfectly.This is issue because of new field addition.May be I am missing something.Can anyone have any idea it to this?

Regards,

Sanjit Bhattacharya