Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTPS Postings from SAP MII

former_member1231563
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a requirement in my current project where we need to post XML messages from SAP MII to SAP PI via HTTPS, till now we have been doing HTTP postings only

As a part of this, the PI team has already shared an authentication certificate(.cer) file with us which I guess would act as a public key

Also , I tried performing the below things from my end although I am not into SAP BASIS & don't have much idea on these configurations

• I navigated through NWA, in key storage I tried uploading the provided .cer file to us (Don't know in which keystore I need to upload it to, as there many linked to SSL or do I need to create a new key store with a public and private key)?
  • Also I tried uploading the .cer file into an existing SSL key storage and was able to retrieve the same in the HTTP post action block's configuration tab by selecting the corresponding keystore. I also checked in the 'Use destination Service' check box as its required for HTTPS

Still I haven't got any success while posting & it generally says " Connection refused". I know I am missing on the configuration parts

Could someone kindly let me know the pre requisites & what else needs to be done to achieve this!!

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member408755
Discoverer
0 Kudos

hello,

do you found solution for your issue because interest me.

I want to communicate with middleware using HTTPS.

thank you in advance.

former_member1231563
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Zaki,

I did found the solution to my problem

As required we had already installed the required security certificates given by the SAP PI team (system with which we were interacting through https) so that when we post messages to their system the messages get authenticated & decrypted properly and vice-versa for receiving messages from their system

The communication from SAP PI to SAP MII went fine but there were still issues in the other way around, fortunately for us those issues were at the SAP PI end, once resolved we were able to push messages to their system through the https URL shared by them

Thanks

Praveen

Answers (0)