cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITSM - Sent email notification on priority change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I am working on SAP Solution Manager 7.1 SP14. I am configuring ITSM - incident management, I have requirement of sent automatic email notification to reporter when priority of Incident get change.

In standard action SMIN_STD_MAIL_REPORTER there is condition object STATUS_CHANGE, which I use to detect change in Status of incident.

Is there any way to find-out change in Priority and sent email to reporter.

Thanks,

Sunny

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

dillipkumar_r
Participant
0 Kudos

Standard doesn't have any parameter in the PPF to determine the priority change.

You can create an implementation on badi CONTAINER_PPF to set your own parameter similiar to STATUS_CHANGE.

the logic is to compare the new value and old value from CDPOS with the Object GUID of the ticket with field name PRIORITY and change indicator has U.

we have to use CDPOS table because unlike the status change we don't have a seperate table were the changes to priority is entered.

Regards,

Dillip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vignesh and Rishav,

Thanks for your response. But client had already closed that requirement so I can not test it right now. But yes I guess your inputs will work. I will update here if ever I get chance to set and test this setting.

thanks,

Sunny

former_member194601
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sunny,

Anyways good luck...

In case if you work with this in future, let us know the results.

Thanks,

Vignesh

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi sunny,

Above will schedule a ppf email action when your priority of incident is specific value, so you may need to specify for particular priority values how you can set the email action.

Thanks

Rishav

former_member194601
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sunny Patel,

I tried to explore on this.

1. There is an option for selecting the priority while you define the condition ZMIN_STD_MAIL_REPORTER, where you can send mail to reporter when priority is changed.

Please look into the screenshot further.

Hope this help you.

Let me know if the issue is resolved.

Good Luck..

Thanks,

Vignesh