SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Account creation problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

I have a problem when creating a contract account.

The steps i use are the following:

1. I create a BP using FPP1 transaction

2. I create a CA using CAA1 transaction.

They are both saved and i can view the details for the BP But not for the CA.

If i go to table FKKVKP the CA that i just created is not visible. If i try to modify the BP (using FPP2) they message i receive is that the BP is blocked by my user.

I tried to log out and log in but the same error i get for modifying the BP, and the CA is still not visible in the system (either using CAA3 or in the FKKVKP table).

Is there something i am doing wrong?

6 REPLIES 6

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tudor,

If you are not able to see the Contract account through CAA3 or in Database tables, FKKVK/FKKVKP, then the database commit has failed during Contract account creation in SAP.

Moreover, check if you have created the BP in MKK role or not.

And try using T.code BP to modify the Business partner details to see if its throwing the same error.,

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Tudor,

On top of what Amlan suggested, can you also check Contract Account number range?

spro -> Financial Accounting (New) -> Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable -> Basic Functions -> Contract Accounts -> Number Ranges and Contract Account Categories -> Configure Contract Acct Categories and Assign Number Ranges

Hope this might help for your troubleshoot.

Thanks,

Srini

ivor_martin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In order to check your security access, execute transaction SU53 after you try to display your Contract Account. If you see any Security /Authorization violations on your SU53 screen, then you need to contact your SAP Security team to give you access.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Ivor Martin

former_member199199
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tudor,

When you are saving the contract account using CAA1 are you getting the message of "contract account xxxxxxxxxx created"?

It is worth checking as whether or not the number range has been exhausted for the contract account category you are using.

Also, when you are saying that FPP2 shows the BP is locked after you login again, please go to transaction SM12 and check what tables are getting locked.

Regards,

Bodhisattwa

Former Member
0 Kudos

- I have checked the range numbers and it looks ok (it's at the begining of the range).

- The tables that are locked are: BUT000 and NRIV

- I am getting the message "contract account xxxxxxxxxx created"

- In SU53 there is no Security Violation.

Still the problem persists.

0 Kudos

Please check below -

1. The events dcheck, dsave, dsavc and dsavb in transaction CAS7, if there is any custom code which is stopping this.

2. The fqevents of contract account creation if there is anything custom restricting.

3. Any replication attempt to CRM system which is getting failed.

Regards,

Bodhisattwa