cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display unit of measurement in Excel planning views (no conversion)

0 Kudos

Dear experts,

my requirement is to make the base unit of measurement for each key figure visible in the Excel planning views in a column placed right of the key figure column (like in APO SNP standard). The goal is not to achieve some kind of unit of measurement conversion, but to simply have a column show the DIFFERENT types of UoMs that exist in the planning view (for example pieces and currency in the same planning view).

Any ideas how to proceed?

Best regards

Holger

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

You might try using =SOP_TargetUoM as a Local Member in excel and arrange it either Column wise or at header. Hope it helps. 🙂

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess you can just inform the UOMID with a virtual unit of measure, BASE, for example.

UOMDESCR you can use whatever value you want (meters, tons, etc..).

In the excel you can show UOMDESCR and move it to the right just after the key figure.

After that, you can just create the equivalence between the BASE unit and the alternative UOMs if needed.

Regards.

Irmi_Kuntze
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

By inventing an artifical "Plannung Unit of Measurement" which you maintain for all products with a factor of 1 between the Planning unit and the Base UoM (via HCI)

than you display the attribute BUoM, but the keyfigures will be displayed in "Planning UoM"

With that you see both the value in BUoM and you can combine products with different UoM

Alecsandra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

What you can do, is to select Base UOM and Currency to the planning view's planning level and from the layout shift them to the right of the KF column. There will be 2 columns, one for unit of measure and one for the currency.

Regards

Alecsandra

0 Kudos

Hi Alecsandra,

I thought about an option like that. However, if I create a new planning level "Base UoM" I need Key Figure-specific values for this planning level. How do I achieve that?