Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picking before good issue

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP experts,

We are in SAP ECC 6.0, we are using SAP WM (not EWM) and we're already have process for picking for delivery where the sequence is:

1. SO created

2. delivery created

3. Picking executed (create and confirm TO),

4. Post good issue

We're rolling out the functionalities to other department in our company and we're going to have scenario to issue the material from warehouse to Internal Order and PM Work Order. As far as i know the standard sequence will be:

1. Good issue --> TR created

2. Create and confirm TO

We're afraid that this will confuse the operation. Is there anyway that for cases for issuance to Intenal order and PM workder the sequence to be:

1. Reservation created (either manually against Internal Order OR automatically through PM Work Order)

2. Picking executed (create and confirm TO),

3. Post Good issue

Appreciate your help on this

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I had recently bookmarked this discussion

as it has some pretty good information around this topic.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jurgen for sharing link.

I was checking possibility of delivery for PM/CS order and through SAP note , 445189 ,in same transaction BS12 with status RMWL( Goods issue deliv) , we may be able to achieve that .

(Though this was bit irrelevant)

However , as per SAP Note 312125 we may be able to use LP10 for Network orders(NPH) and I saw in BS12 , Internal order as (ORC) .

I believe this is base where we can use RMLV for staging  RMWL for delivery.

But would be curious to explore these.

Regards,

Ajay

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Jurgen/Ajay,

Thank you very much for your clues. Following it, I able to execute material staging for Service Order (but it still not working for internal Order) using tcode LP10. But I still have one thing in my mind regarding the service order.

It seems that I have to go to tcode BS12 and set RMLV ticked for object ORI (PM Order). Original condition the indicator is unticked, and if I keep it unticked I will get message LP156. However while note 312125 instruct us to activagte RMLV for Network order, I cannot find comparable note for PM Order. So I assume we cannot activate RMLV for ORI right?

Best regards,

John

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have not done it myself, just bookmarked this question for using it as reference in SCN. Fiorenzo Di Marco  listed the steps for ORI and RMLV, I can just ope that he had done it, and as you have the issue, you could just test it in your system to be certain.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, I have used these simple steps and everything works perfectly

1. Execute Transaction BS12.

2. Double-click entry ORI.

3. Set the flag for business transaction RMLV.

4. Save the changes.

Execute transaction LP10

Now you can run the WM preparation for the service order

If in doubt do the tests in quality environment

Fiorenzo

Italy

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Have thought about this. We're opting to create enhancement which will automatically create TO after the order is created. Thus we will execute and confirm the TO, afterward we post GI (configure GI so not generating TR), which will backflush the  WM side.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am not pretty sure about what you exactly mean by internal order and PM work order. In WM we have staging process which is applicable in case of production order and for that WM-PP interface is active. There against production order component staging can be done before actual consumption. For more details you may see sap help site

BR

Kamlakar

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kamlakar,

I'm familiar with WM-PP interface, that's why I would like to know whether it is possible that the process for PM work order should be the same with delivery to customer and supplying production line. FYI the process for PM Work Order that I'm referring to is the same from warehouse point of view, in which:

1. Planner create Maintenance Order (identical with Production Planner create Production Order)

2. Material list needed for Maintenance Order is printed (identical with Picking Request generated for production line

3. Warehousemen picking the materials and supply it to workcenter where the maintenance order processed (identical with warehouseman picking material and supply it to production line)

So i suppose that to supply materials to PM work order the sequence should be the same with PP as well:

1. Picking request created

2. Picking executed,

3. Good issue posted

But as far as I know, the standard process in SAP to supply materials to PM work order is:

1. Good issue posted,

2. TO created

3. Confirm TO.

So I would like to know whether it is actually possible to set in system that the sequence for supplying materials to PM work order should work the same with supplying the materials to PP work order.

Best regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John

As far as I'm aware there is no other way in standard SAP. You have to issue the goods to the PM order in IM first, which then creates the TR -> TO retrospectively.

One possible solution might be to create a new Sloc for PM orders not linked to the Whs. Then, when the PM order is created and the component requirements entered, a reservation would be created against the new IM Sloc. You would need a custom program then to create a Sloc to Sloc STO with ref to the reservation. This in turn creates a delivery and you follow the normal sales/picking process.

You would also need another Z program to receipt the STO and subsequently issue against the associated reservation.

There is a lot of work to do in terms of configuration, master data and 'Z' programs (or manual intervention), but would give you a single pick/PGI process for both sales and PM.

Cheers

A