Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

File---XI --- SAP

In the above scenerio if File has data for one of the field 18 but in XI we have declared to be 16 then what happens........

The thing is XI shows me the data has been processed but the proxy will not get the results.

As I am new to XI and also to this project somebody has designed this and I am on support where I was facing this problem and I got this after debugging the proxy where I copied the XML data and got the conversion error ..So how to inform the client about this message.

Thanks

Sudharshan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>>So how to inform the client about this message.

but you should see the "conversion error" if the proxy

was not designed to handle 18 chars...

did you have a look at transaction SXI_MONITOR in R3?

BTW

you can change the proxy so it will handle 18 chars if you need it

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have checked this one in ABAP Proxy where I pasted the XML data in the XML Editor and tried to run this where I got the conversion error.

Now the thing is if this happens the XI still shows me the Data processed without any error.I need to trap this ...and let the user know about the problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudarshan,

You need to change your proxy code to raise an exception when the size of the field exceeds the pre-defined size.

Double-click on the implementing class, navigate to the Exceptions tab, double-click on the exception to see its name.

Double-click on the exception to see its attributes. For the attribute Standard, see the Associated Type.

Inside the proxy code, raise the exception as follows:

• if field size is exceeded

data: exception_type TYPE <Associated Type>

RAISE EXCEPTION

TYPE <Exception Name>

EXPORTING

standard = exception_type .

If you do this, then whenever field size is exceeded, your message will fail with error type as Application Error in the Receiver SAP system.

You can see the error in SXMB_MONI in this receiver SAP system.

Regards,

Puloma.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the helpful Answer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sudharshan,

Can you please explain your question in detail? You said data for one field is 18 but declared 16? Do you mean the lenght of the field you declared or the no. of fields you are talking about?

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is length of the field so its in XI as 16 char in lenght but the data coming from File is of 18 Char