cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting goods issue on cost center - stock not consumed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

At my client we have a particular situation where goods issue on cost center does not trigger a consumption.

We create the transfer requirement for movement 201, requirement K + cost center. Next we create the pick task and perform the picking.

Goods should then be consumed after picking, resulting in no stock at 911.

However, we get this picked quantity on storage type 911. It thus seems that SAP does not create any negative stock after creating the transfer requirement.

I have compared this with another client's system but there it is working perfectly.

I checked some customizing settings but actually have no idea where to look as I have never experienced it not to be working.

Are these some settings that should be maintained somewhere?

Thanks for valuable input.

Kind regards,

Jan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The negative stock in 911 is created if you post the goods issue in MM.

If you fulfill a transfer requirement by picking through a TO then you remove stock from a warehouse bin and transport it to the interim storage type 911 which is increasing the stock there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jürgen,

Thanks for your reply.

I am triggering the transfer requirement in WM so I guess indeed it makes sense that is just a picking.

At TO confirmation I can then perform a BAPI_CREATE_GOODSMVT or HU_CREATE_GOODS_MOVEMENT depending on the scenario to book the actual consumption.

Kind regards,

Jan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What are the steps you are performing for goods issue? are you performing goods issue in IM first and then creating TO from TR (generated from goods issue doc) in WM? if you follow this process then you will not see any stock in 911 on TO confirmation.

Are you creating TR manually for goods issue?

BR

Kamlakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jan

Yes , along with correct explanation for 911 area by Jurgen ,

You can also check in OMLJ for Movt type 201,whether Dest St type is 911 and with Scr Ticked. and

Movt type 201 correctly defined in MM-IM integration along with TR creation =X under

Interfaces>>Inventory Management >> Define Movement types.

Check in TR whether dest contains 911 st type and bin as cost center , do your cost center exceeds 10 characters ?

Also, assumption is you do goods issue for cost center first , which  generates 201 TR and then you convert and confirm TO .

Is this the same thing that you are doing in same sequence ?

Regards,

Ajay