cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reversing Event in TM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert ,

POD event is already reported in TM and propogated from EM and execution status is changed to "executed " from "In Execution " .

We want to reverse execution status and delete POD event . After that we want to send shipment to ECC to create shipment . Then again , we want to report POD event back to TM .

Please suggest .

I tried to run "REVOKE_EVENT" action for POD event  in EXECUTIONINFORMATION node , it did not worked . I am just wondering how REVOKE_EVENT action work and what is does ?

Thanks in Advance .

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sukumar_perumalsamy
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Create additional task in rule set as shown below     

solution 1

scenario : POD event reported in EM

1)create task in ruleset for shipment creation in  ECC

2)Propagate POD event to TM - only if above step is success

solution 2

scenario : POD event reported in EM

1)Propagated POD event to TM

2)TM custom solution - do RFC synchronous shipment create call to  ECC , based on the response     from  ECC propagate the POD event in TM.

note:  above custom solution required before the POD event update in TM - consider the system performance when designing the synchronous  call between TM and ECC.

Cheers,

Sukumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

The revoke event functionality confuses many of them.  Actually, it is revoke the actual event and it is just setting invalid flag in SAP EM.

The best approach would be that configure and trigger unexpected event when there is a cancellation or reversal of POD.

The rest of things are explained in Vishnu's provided link.

Regards

GGOPII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi ,

REVOKE_EVENT do not set invalid flag in EM . That is the issue . It just set invalid flag in TM and not in EM . How to set Invalid flag in SAP EM . I have gone through the link provided by vishnu which says that we should update /SAPTRX/EH_EVMSG-NOT_RELEVANT flag and I am wondering how should we do that in production . Since adding a new activity called QUIT_EVM_PROCESSING is not a option in production .

Could you please explore the option of triggering new event called "Reversal of POD " .

It seems that it will need development in EM and TM .

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

In EM, once you post an event, you cannot delete it automatically even with reversal event. All you can do is reset the variables and statuses with your reversal event and reset expected event. To modify the event already posted, you need a custom solution ( program or whatever way you choose).

Thanks,

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Triggering a new unexpected event for reversal of POD would be a custom solution and this is an ideal solution to track what has happened in SAP EM.

This a new development in SAP TM and SAP EM but it can be easily achievable.

Normally I don't suggest a solution to mark the flag in SAPTRX/EH_EVMSG-NOT_RELEVANT, because the event is reversed or cancelled in SAP TM.  This falls under unexpected event, so suggest a solution to client and this will enable for SAP BI/SAP HANA reporting how many POS have been reversed in the past.

Regards

GGOPII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Please read this:

Thanks,

Vishnu