cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RSDBAJOB in a process chain with a manually created variant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Apologies if wrong forum, I want to know if it is possible to schedule rsdbajob via rspc using a variant created in se38 to reorg selected dso tables? I can re-use the generated variant from a DB13 job but as we have had issues with these dropping out of the system I would rather use a permanent manual variant? Attempts at copying the generated variant to a manual variant have thus far failed due to 'action unknown in SDBAP'. I need to run the re-org in the process chain as the chain fails intermittently due to tables needing re-org, attempts to schedule the job in DB13 result in timing differences as chain has no definite start time...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bump

manish_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Even though you haven't mentioned tables which you wanted to reorg during process chains run but If you have not then please check this SAP Note also for SAP BI tables cleanup/reorg.

706478 - Preventing Basis tables from increasing considerably

Thanks,

MPS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there, thanks for response, I did mention that they are DSO tables. As a workaround I have had basis schedule a job and am using the generated variant in my program in the chain(I have created as a local chain within the chain so the job can be set to continue if the variant ever drops out). Would still rather have a more streamlined solution though if anyone can help?