Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax rate to be changed depending on old VAT rate and new rate

vinojrv
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In our current SD sales flow for Formulations Business, the VAT tax rates are getting picked up from a Custom Table with Tcode ZSD_JIN8 while Sale Order creation. Since we have C&F agents in most of the states in India, we have them created in SAP as plants. In sales process for all these plants, the VAT rates vary from state to state. We also have free goods in our Sales and the VAT on free goods is again applicable in some states and not in some other states. There are some other similar complexities in taxation in C&F sales flow. So, to counter all these complexities, we got this enhancement developed wherein we maintain the VAT rate based on Sale Order Type/Item Category/Plant combination in the table ZSD_JIN8.

However, we now have a new complication. In some states the VAT rate has changed last month. So, during the Sales return process, when we are creating a return sale order for items which were initially invoiced for sales before the tax rate change, the tax rate to be populated in the return order has to be the old rate. If we are creating a return sale order for items which were invoices for sales after the tax rate change, the new tax rate has to be populated in the return order. I need your help to get a solution for this scenario.

Thanks

Vinoj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vinojrv
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you Mr.Lakshmipathi and Mr.Biju for your time,  in copy controls(VTAA)  I changed the pricing type to D and it worked fine.

Thanks

Vinoj

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You already taken tax condition key as plant with other tax condition keys Sales order type/ Items category and Plant which is considered as major advantage for having different tax rate with plant basis .

As tax rate changed - you can maintain new tax rate of your tax code with tax condition type by having new validity period, which in turn allow system to pick new tax rate with new validity period.

Tax code -------Tax rate-------------Validity Period

T1-----------------10%----------------01.04.2015- 31.03.2016

T1-----------------12%----------------01.04.2016- 31.03.2016

Regards,

Biju K

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Main the Service Rendered Date in return order as that of the old tax validity period in condition record

G. Lakshmipathi

vinojrv
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Mr.Lakshmipathi,

I maintained the Service Rendered Date in return order as that of the old tax validity period in condition record as you said but still it is picking the new VAT rate for the order which was sold before the VAT rate changed when I'm creating a return order.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to condition tab and select Update button after which double click on "G"

G. Lakshmipathi