cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a custom JDBC Driver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have been trying to integrate a filemaker database into IDM 8 as a user data source. I managed to get the correct JDBC driver from the vendor, but it seems that no matter how I try to use it, IDM does not understand that it need to use it.

The driver fmjdbc.jar have been added to the identity center Java folder and directly to the ClassPath, and the calss have been added into a Database repository as JDBCDRIVER constant with value com.filemaker.jdbc.Driver. The JDBC url is also defined in the repository as jdbc:filemaker://server:2399/db;user=<user>;password=<password>

The issue is, when trying to access the databse in a FromDatabase pass, I get the following error:

java.lang.Throwable: No suitable driver found for jdbc:filemaker://...

I previsously used exactly the same steps to connect to an Oracle database while IDM is hosted on a Sybase ASE database. The only difference I see is that IDM have a template to create the JDBC url for orcale, but I can still enter the URL manually.

Is there any steps I need to do in order to connect to a custom database through JDBC?

Regards,

Julien Garagnon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alright, I found the answer to this issue.

In the dispatcher config, I only added the path to the driver jar in the classpath, but I also need to add the Driver class name to the Driver Name option,next to the Sybase driver.

Regards,

Julien Garagnon

Answers (0)