cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to prepare EP PRD system bringing content of Develpment

0 Kudos

Dear All,

Kindly help with your expert inputs for one of my query.

We have installed EP Production system and its a fresh installation on MSCS Cluster with Oracle and Oracle FailSafe.

Our EP developers now want all there things done in development system to be moved to PRD. Some of the colleagues are advising to perform a system refresh however there is lot of junk in development system and also it was very difficult to build up the PRD on such infra(Cluster with OFS).

I would like to know what could be the best approach in this scenario without performing a system refresh. Also I believe that doing system refresh from DEV to PRD in this situation is not kind of best practice, if I'm not wrong.

Please help.

Thanks in advance,

Roy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

yakcinar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Roy,

Best approach for transports in Java stacks like EP systems is to activate NWDI and configure CTS+ (Enhanced CTS). So you can keep version history of your java developments on an ABAP systems STMS. The central system selected for CTS+ is generally Solution Manager.

You can see below link for details. Also can find others when you search.

How To... Set Up and Use the CTS+ in a Portal Environment

How To ... Configure Enhanced CTS for SAP NetWeaver Process Integration 7.1 SP06

With NWDI you keep your codes on a central system.

There is a space for NWDI. Ypu can check

Otherwise the developer keeps track of the developments. If there are more there codes will be spread to developers laptops. Each developer will keep hiis or her part of the code.Someone must collect them together if there is no NWDI. And There wont be any import history if there is no CTS+.

Regards,

Yuksel AKCINAR

0 Kudos

Dear Yuksel,

Thanks for your reply. At present we don't have either of those i.e. CTS+ or NWDI.

Any other idea how to move the contents developed and deployed in DEV to PRD. i-Views,roles and pages we have decided to put in a transport package and move those to PRD EP but how about other deployed contents.

Using NWDS the concern is that contents will be too much and will take lot of time hence developer were looking out for system refresh but again that looks complicated in our current scenario.

Pls help.

Thanks again,

Roy

yakcinar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Roy,

Since I am a BASIS admin I don't know the details of content.

May be portal and content developers can help about the issue.

Regards,

Yuksel AKCINAr

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roy.

Kindly refer the SCN wiki link simple create the transport package,export the package from Dev and same package import it in production system.

Transporting Portal Content - Portal - SCN Wiki

Regards

SS

0 Kudos

Dear Yuksel,

Even I'm a BASIS guy .

@ S Sriram,

Transport part is OK, I was wondering how to move the contents which are deployed in EP DEV in any easier way.

Thanks,

ROY

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roy.

Content mean? Could you explain in detail?

BR

SS

0 Kudos

Dear SS,

I meant the customized content developed by our developers to personalize the portal.

Thanks,

ROY

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roy.

You have to follow same link if it is SAP standard or customized content. Create the package export those content in Dev system and then import the same in production system.

We following in the same way, when any new Z-development reports are published in Dev system check the same in Qas and then  finally in production with end user access.

refer the portal iview creation link

Make iview, workset, page and assign role - Portal - SCN Wiki

Regards

SS

0 Kudos

Dear S Sriram,

Thank you for bringing this to attention, I could find how to proceed and actually I meant by the content was the content developed and deployed as PAR files.

Got below links which are useful to achieve what we were looking for:

Using the PAR Migration Tool - Portal - SAP Library

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/519d369b-0401-0010-0186-ff7a2b5d2...

@Yüksel Akçinar

Thank you for your kind help.

Best regards,

ROY

Answers (0)