cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to reach the remote host spool system sap ,and error in spool c:error from temse 2048

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, 

I am configuring Zebra network printer configuration ,i am configured completely according to the steps.But i am getting two errors

First error :After configuring all the steps while saving and connection test below mentioned error i m seeking

"unable to reach the remote host spool system sap ".if i ping to required destination host ip it showing request timed out.Printer is in                              different location.

Second error:If i given a print request to print the required label it showing below mentioned error

" error in spool c:error from temse 2048".

Please i request to suggest the solution asap.

Thanks & regards

Sanjeev

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Laszlo_B
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sanjeev,

it seems the error 2048 has been sorted out, so let's see the unreachable remote host problem.

Please send a screenshot from transaction SPAD, about the contents of tab "Access Method" of the used Output Device.

Best regards,

Laszlo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laszlo,

Thank you for the reply. I am sending screenshot with this comment it is mentioned below:

Please look over it and give me the solution.I will be waiting for your reply

Laszlo_B
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sanjeev,

and thanks for the screenshot.

This screenshot shows: when a spool will be printed with Output Device BARC1, the remote host 192.168.4.104 will be contacted to seek for a printer with name "\\192.168.4.104".

"\\192.168.4.104" is an unusual printer name. Is it possible that you are trying to directly address the printer?

If yes, simple remove the \\ from the beginning of the "Host printer".

After saving the configuration test the Output Device again.

Best regards,

Laszlo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laszlo,

Thank you very much for the suggestion,

The IP address which i mentioned in above that Ip is printer IP ,which vendor has given to that IP ,

Yes i am directly accessing to that printer,so as per your suggestion i need to remove "\\".,That IP is printer's IP which is placed in another location.If you could help can you send screenshot what settings i need to change in access method and other configuration.

Another issue is that is not reaching the required printer through sap if i ping from sap using required tcode.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Laszlo_B
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sanjeev,

yes, in the "Host printer" field the \\ characters are not needed, they need to be removed.

If R/3 still can not reach the printer after saving this configuration, then it seems there is a general network problem: the R/3 server (where you are logged on) can not reach the IP address.

In this case please contact the network administrator.

Best regards,

Laszlo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Laszlo,

Thank you for the suggestion. Mostly that will be net work problem, but my first error:

Error in spool C call: Error from TemSe      2048....

it's nt resolved yet

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Laszlo,

Thank you for the suggestion. Mostly that will be net work problem, but my first error:

Error in spool C call: Error from TemSe      2048....

It's Not resolved yet,please can you give some solution for above.

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Prithviraj,I will check out and let you know if any problem persists

Regards,

Sanjeev

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev.

Refer the SCN wiki link about the error message

error 2048 set in spool C call - ABAP Development - SCN Wiki

Regards

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sriram,

thank you for the reply .I will look after that document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sanjeev,

Please see if the following thread is helpful:

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Anita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi anita,

Thank you for the reply.I will look after it.