Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Successfactor Integration - SFSF ADapter

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

We have an PI 7.4 system with SFSF adapter.

There is a requirement for new interface with successfactors system related to employee personal details and foundation objects to be loaded into ECC.

The interface is all to pull data from Successfactors. Am i right in understanding that it needs to be done using SFSF sender adapter and all i need is to specify the url of successfactor with company name and user credential.

What is the method to retrieve data from the webservice? Is it going to be only query string method? If so, what is the approach to do this as I seem to have many entities for that particular interface?

Is it standard or something custom?

Regards

Sam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sam,

SFSF adapter you can consider it as SOAP+JDBC adapter.

Queries are used to retrive data.

Below link will give you an idea

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Raghu

Thanks for the information.

While using SFSF adapter sender, is it some sort of pulling data from successfactor system.

Can it be used both for standard content and custom content?

My functional has given me lot of entities and in those entities lot of fields to be mapped in abap proxy.

Do i need to create these structures from scratch or is there a standard interface for this?

Where can i get the url to be fed into the adapter?

Regards

Sam

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sam,

Yes,Based on queries configured in the SFSF channel data will be reterived from SFSF.

And URL depends which SFSF your connecting.

You have standard contents as well

Below documents will help you out for building the scenario

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Sam,

Can you provide the entities name?

what is data center? based on data center you can form the url .

for example in my project  i use below url to view emp details.

https://api5.successfactors.eu/odata/v2/User

username: userid @ companyname

password

you can filter the list based query string formation

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e0dc0e49-8e3a-3110-4f9e-

a307b1ffd8ce?QuickLink=index&…

I am not sure if there is any standard interfaces available for SFSF adapter for fetching employee information.

yes. you will have to create data types from the scratch if it is custom one. first concentrate on how to fetch the data based on input. you can get the output in json or xml. then you can construct your structure.

please refer blow link for sfsf adapter confi(note this for onboarding, it will similar for other entities)

check section "Communication Channel for OData Call OnboardingCandidateInfo"

https://websmp205.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/012002523100004147712015E

you can try odata tools to display entity table data

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Muni

My Functional consultant has given lot of entities around foundation objects with its relevant API name.

i.e Division/Legal Entity etc.

And they have listed the mapping sap fields into it. So my question is how do i fetch all those and do i simply create a abap proxy structure and insert those straightforward into SAP.

Regards

Sam,

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you mean that you want to fetch data from multiple entities in one call?

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Muni

Yes, Do i need to fetch all the data in one call or do i need to create separate calls for each entity?

Also, do i need to write a straight forward abap proxy to insert data into SAP?

Regards

Sam

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can fetch data from multiple entities in one call with query string. But first try with single entity.

for inserting the data into SAP, you can check with abaper, some times you can not do direct insert. you might have to call bapi..

Regards,

Muni