cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating HCI specific HTTP Adapter based on the standard one

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Is it possible to copy the existing HTTP adapter in HCI and make a specific one to use it in an integration project ?

BR.

Mohammed Amine.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mohammed,

Are you trying to configure a HTTP adapter for specific scenario in HCI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer, yes indeed I am trying to do something like this.

I tried the URL using a web browser and I get the result, but while using the standard HTTP adapter in HCI, it's not working.

I found that using the web browser or Postman plugin there is a parameter called Keep-Alive which I couldn't pass in the HCI header.

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed Amine

If the server is using HTTP 1.0, maybe you can try to set the the HTTP header as mentioned in the following Wiki.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_persistent_connection

This can be done by setting a constant Header value in a Content Modifier step.

If it doesn't work with your URL, maybe you can try to log the transmission by sending it to a HTTP logger as detailed below and see if the particular HTTP header is indeed changed.

Regards

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Eng Swee,

Thanks for your answer, I added the Content Modifier component as you said,

PS :

the Content Modifier  #1 is where I added the keep-alive value

the Content Modifier  #2 is where I defined new fields to use them in the mail.

I keep get this error :

Error               = java.io.IOException: Remotely Closed

Is there any thing wrong with my IFLOW ?

Thanks again.

BR.

Mohammed Amine.

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed Amine

Are you able to find out in the MPL which step is causing the error? Is it the Request-Reply to the backend? If you remove the keep-alive property, will is still have this error?

Regards

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I keep getting the same error.

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Where is the destination URL hosted? Is it in the public internet or in your organization's network?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is hosted in the public internet.

In fact in this project I am working on 3 major integration levels : 1- using HTTP Adapter, 2 - using SFTP to produce flat files, 3- using SOAP WS to get data from salesforce.

Honestly this is my first experience with HCI, I have been trying so many things but unfortunately I'am not making any remarkable progress. I'm running out of time and this is extremely urgent.

I would be grateful if you could help me and guide me to get through this . May I please ask you Sir to contact me via e-mail ? if so please send me at : a.frayjia@gmail.com

Thanks a lot for your time and your support.

BR.

Mohammed Amine.

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed Amine

I will assist where possible but will be through the SCN platform as it allows for other members to contribute too as and where they see fit.

Regarding the HTTP connection, I would suggest that you test out the connection first via the "Test Outbound Connection" functionality as described in the following blog.

If you have issues with the connectivity that you can't resolve, I'd suggest you open a call with the HCI team as mentioned in item 12 of the following blog.

Regards

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is working ! thanks a lot, I will create new serrate discussions for other subjects (SFTP & SOAP) to keep things organized.

BR.

Mohammed Amine.

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For the sake of completeness and the benefit of others in the future, can you please share what steps exactly did you perform to get it working? Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The main problem was with the certificate, once added to the system.jks (I followed the steps as mentioned in : the HTTP connection worked pretty fine.

And I received the content in a JSON format, I'm working now on getting the information I want from the response.

Thanks again.

BR.

Mohammed Amine.

Answers (0)