cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Native support for JT

0 Kudos

Hi,

as far as I understand JT files are converted on-the-fly from the JT to the RH format and not till then visible in the viewer.

If that assumption is correct - are there any plans to native load them without conversion? Because this conversion costs a hugh time for real big assemblies that hinder us to use VEV instead of the good old ECL Viewer.

Kind regards

Florian Wiedemann

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ken_brickner
Explorer
0 Kudos

Visual Enterprise Viewer supports viewing of native JT files.  No conversion to RH required.

Regards,

Ken

0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

is there really no VEV internal conversion from JT to RH?

I had this discussion with VE people several months ago, and I was told that JT is internally converter to RH before viewing.

BR

Andreas Haug

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

markus_buchgraber
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello,

we have the same problem with VEV. Bigger (e.g. 35MB) JT assemblies take a lot of time (20 sec)to be opened. It seems that JT is internally converted to RH.

Open the same JT with JT2GO Viewer takes only 5 seconds!

So we need a better native support for JT!

BR

Markus

0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

at the last DSAG PLM working committee meeting (26.04.2016, Ratingen) the clear statement from SAP was that due to licence restrictions of the JT format there will be always this on-the-fly conversion. They recommended to use RH or for version 9 of the VE product suite the new VDS4 file format.

Kind regards

Florian Wiedemann

0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

that is also my knowledge. Therefore we have also this huge loading time when opening big JT assembly files. The progress bar stucks at loading for several minutes at about 95%. At that time the internal conversion JT=>RH takes place.

For us that is currently a KO criteeria to use VEV productively. Are there plans from SAP to tackle this problem? JT is an ISO standard so why not implementing a performant native loading and visualtion of this 3D format?

Kind regards

Florian Wiedemann