cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection

former_member1186946
Participant
0 Kudos

I am working on a scenario related to In coming inspection.I have created sampling scheme/Sampling procedure assigned the sampling scheme into the sampling procedure.

I need to do Tightened/Normal inspection based on the rejection & acceptance qty of the goods receipt.

1.Should i activate DMR for this scenario

2.How will the system know when to do the normal & when to do Tightened inspection or the user has to do anything manually to do Tightened/Normal inspection

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murugan,

I think, you are planning to activate DMR based inspection to get Tightened/Normal inspection lots created automatically based on the rejection & acceptance criteria. But you also need to confirm, you wish to activate this dynamic process at Inspection lot level or MIC level? This is something should come out form your As-Is / To-Be process mapping form BPML list.

Answer to Question 1: Yes, you need DMR for your purpose. Saying that, you should activate below setups -

a) Work with business to decide they are interested in Dynamic Modification at Inspection type level or MIC level [PLKO-QDYNHEAD = 1 or 3]

b) If for the above case you have selected this at Inspection lot level [PLKO-QDYNHEAD = 1], then assign DMR at header level [PLKOD-QDYNREGEL = DMR]. In this kind of cases, your Inspection lot will have inspection lot system status "SKIP" for those cases, which is driven by Quality level criteria maintained by DMR. for those inspection lots, you will not be able to record any MIC results.

c) If you have selected this at MIC level [PLKO-QDYNHEAD = 3], then you should not add DMR at header level [PLKOD-QDYNREGEL = Blank]. Instead, you should maintain this for quality operation => MIC level. Once you do this, then while inspection lot is created, this details will be passed into the table QAMV. Benefit of having it at MIC level is that -

* Every MIC could have it's own Quality level to validate and check.

* Need not be forced by other MIC's RR value.

* Surely get impacted by UD done, ad UD is done at inspection lot level, and thus QDQL stage values are changed.

Answer to question 2: How system will understand the impact and the quality level it should attend. Sometimes back I have shared my thoughts and limited experience in a few threads. Please take clues form this one - http://scn.sap.com/thread/3758451

If you do not have any specific and/or special requirements, then I think this standard process may be useful to your business case. But you should model these feedback in your sandbox/quality system for better understanding of the scenario.

Thanks,

Arijit

former_member1186946
Participant
0 Kudos

1.I have assigned the DMR in MMR

2.I have assigned the DMR in QP01 at the header lot level .

I received a GR,lot created but the DMR i snot assigned in the inspection lot

for sample mgmt i have switched to manual sample .

Is there anything i have to maintain

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe you wish to use DMR at Inspection lot level [PLKO-QDYNHEAD = 1].. is that correct?

1. I don't understand the term MMR. Please explain it so that I can understand at what level you have added the DMR.

2. OK. Have you also assigned 'Sampling Procedure' at header level too (I remember you needed it.. right?)

3. You seems to have selected 'Manual Sample Calculation' in material master - QM view. If so, then you need to assign the inspection plan in QA02 manually, to change the Inspection lot status form CRTD to REL. If that being the case, I see a few downstream impact here -

i) You are going to wait late for releasing samples for new inspection lot, till all the samples for all previous inspection lots are having UD posted, so that your new sample gets the more realistic system status as "SKIP" or "Non-SKIP". This process looks promising, but it may eventually have too much manual control over system driven setup. So, even a delay in practically releasing a sample, may create another inspection lot in queue, and hence you may end up having more number of open inspection lots is CRTD state. Is this situation going to desirable to your business?

ii) Too much manual control in releasing samples, may not be a correct approach, where you need to follow a FIFO sequence of inspection lots, to release samples manually, unless, you have a situation, where you test samples for 2nd inspection lot before testing samples of 1st inspection lot. Is this situation desirable to your business?

iii) You should do RR and then UD for active inspection managed lots (without system status "SKIP), so that correct Q-Level is being calculated. Unless you complete this step, your system can't decide if the next inspection lot is going to be Good Or Bad. Hence I think system will do a best judgment and create the next inspection lot as "SKIP", whereas, it could have been a "Non-SKIP" inspection lot... all these could happen due to manual control over system control. Will this situation be desirable too for your business?

I can see a merit here - only if you deal with a not a heavy volume of Inspection lot data on Fortnightly / Monthly basis. Else, if the volume is high, please do a system appreciation study along with client, and explain them about these possible situations!!

Some further inputs to complete the DMR process -

a) Before creating inspection lot, you need to create initial Quality level (Master data) in QDL1.

b) You need to do RR and then followed by UD in order to follow the Q-level process.

c) Create a auto UD batch job (use UD = a) to put UD for Inspection lots having system status "SKIP".

Message was edited by: Arijit Banerjee

former_member1186946
Participant
0 Kudos

Business has given a free to decide what i want so what is the simple way.

MMR is material master, ok i will remove manual sampling & work with sample mgmt.

What i have done

1. MMR, QM view i have assigned DMR,is it correct?

2. MMR,Activated inspection with task list

3.Skips allowed

4.Auto assignment

The system should tighten/reduce/normal inspection   based on the previous UD. I am going to create only one MIC for all materials where the RR will be only OK or Not ok..

Now what setting should i do in QP01 where should i add the DMR.

Another query since i have created 3 sampling scheme & 3 sampling procedure how can i assign all 3 sampling scheme in QP01.

There is missing link

former_member185453
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sir,

1. We use DMR in QM view of Material Master when,

• You inspect the material without using a task list
  • You inspect the material with material specification

Kindly recheck.

You just use DMR at header level in Inspection Plan (QP01) as suggested by Arijit Banerjee Sir.

Regards

S Ahmed

former_member1186946
Participant
0 Kudos

Confirm whether my DMR setting is correct for the below requirement

lots to be accepted for the system to switch to reduced inspection

lots rejected the system should tighten inspection

1 lot

lots accepted the system should go for normal inspection

2 lots

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Even if business gave you free hand to decide, still the bottom-line expectation would be that you understand the As-Is quality process, and come up with an approach, which will fix a gap in their existing process and improve process maturity. You can't decide this until you have the regular interaction with the QM in-charge and get his consent.

As Sarfaraz rightly said, if you are using Quality inspection plan, then you will not need DMR to be assigned at the Material Master => QM View. You can skip it there and you have to decide, if you wish to have SKIP created at Inspection Lot Level or MNIC level. This is something we won't be able to suggest you as this depends on industry type and prevailing engineering standards followed. Please speak to your Client's QM-In-Charge. Or you will have to model two separate scenario - a) One for SKIP at Inspection Lot Level and b) SKIP for MIC level. Then present both the situation to business to decide which helps to fix their business problem better!! Hopefully this will answer your doubt at which level you need to assign DMR + Sampling Procedure before testing. You can follow the previous discussions, in either of the cases followed how to extend these values.

Please can you provide business rationale behind you creating -

a) 3 new sampling schemes [QDP1]. Isn't most of the schemes available pre-created by SAP? What especial details you wish to track there?

b) As you created 3 new sampling schemes, I think to link them only, you created 3 different sampling procedures [QDV1]. Hope you understand the reasoning's behind different valuation Modes SAP provides, before you are going to use any for your case.

c) The said DMR rule you are using, is applicable for UD or at Lot creation? Please do not mix up your process and this rule. Also please maintain the details correctly for this masterdata for -  OK => No. of inspections., New insp. stage, Not OK => Rejections, New insp. stage.

How to assign all the 3 different sampling procedures (linked to the newly created sampling schemes) to inspection plan -

a) If you are going by DMR at Inspection lot level, then you can try assigning multiple operations 0010, 0020, 0030 and assign these three values. Not very sure, but I believe system will be confused like at which level this has to work, as Inspection lot is only One here. Ideally it will expect using only one Sampling Procedure against one inspection plan. So you can create 3 inspection plan, and you can assign one sampling procedure each for each plans. While inspection lot is created, you can manually select the correct plan, and inspection lot will get "REL" system status.

b) If you are using DMR at MIC level, then I guess you can use separate sampling procedures for different MIC, as this is quite possible that every inspection follows it's own sampling setup.

I believe, you should work with your QM consultant to have better understanding of this process, and get a better idea of what has to be done!!

former_member1186946
Participant
0 Kudos

I am not getting clear answers so closing ticket

former_member185453
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried to make it simple. Please give it a try and check.

1. Create sampling scheme with two Sampling Scheme parameters (2, & 6 reduced and Tightened)
  2. Create 1 sampling procedure with Sampling Scheme (add already created Sampling Scheme).
  3. Create DMR and select “for Usage Decision”. Put 3 Inspection Stages (Normal, Reduced and Tightened) and their Stage change values accordingly.
  4. Settings: In Inspection Plan:
    1. Scenario No: 1: DMR at MIC level (if you want DMR at Characteristics level): We use this if we want skip functionality at individual MICs (Characteristics) level during RR or to Change the Quality level for Individual characters (MIC).
      1. Setting for Individual MIC (Char): Go to Inspection Plan (QP01/02) Character Overview. Put the Sampling procedure in Sampling procedure column and DMR in Modification Rule column and save it.
    2. Scenario No: 2: DMR at Lot level to skip lots:

Setting: Go to Inspection Plan (QP01/02) Header Details- search for “Parameters                for dynamic modification/Inspection points” area, Select Dynamic mod. Level “at Lot level”.                  Next Select the DMR from drop down lists and save it.

Note: Do not put DMR, sampling procedure, manual sample/entry etc. in QM view of MMR.

Regard,

S Ahmed

former_member1186946
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

Your inputs are excellent now it is working well, but the only issue i am having is the sample is not being calculated while doing goods receipt.In the inspection lot tab in QA32 the sample table is showing zero,where as in RR screen the no of qty to be inspected in showing as per the sample scheme given in sampling scheme

Also the the missing link was, instead of creating 1 sampling scheme i had created 2 more & assigned in different sampling procedure..

former_member185453
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Murugan Sir,

Good to know it's working now.

I am also little bit strange that why sample size is not being shown in QA32, in your scenario sample size is being calculated as per total lot size and which are also coming during RR...

Sorry I can not simulate now as running out of time.

It would be better to post this issue (sample size not showing) to scn to get the better solution from our experienced QM expert.

Regards

S Ahmed

Answers (0)