cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI 7.0 - Authorization error; unknown username or incorrect password

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are getting "<b>Authorization error; unknown username or incorrect password</b> " error when we try to login to Integration repository , Integration directory in Consolidation XI 7.0 system.

But I can login sucessfully with user "pisuper" , but not any other user.

Our BASIS guy has assigned similar authorization as pisuper.

Since i have all the roles as copy of "pisuper" , it is not allowing to login.

Please suggest if someone encountered this same issue.

- Kristene

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

srinivas ,

You are absolutely right.My server is pointing to 001 client.I have created user in 001 client then it logon sucessfully.But i have changed all the properties in exchange profile client to 100.

After that i have restred j2ee xi server. Even then when i try to login it still looking 001 credential.Normally when i change to 100 , it should point to 100 client.

Once i change exchange profile after restrted the system , do i need to do some additional settings to reflect new client 100.

Our development system is works fine, not sure why QA system gives this still error.

Please suggest.

Thanks

Kristene

Former Member
0 Kudos

kristene Jyo,

I know what the issue is.

go to http://<host>:<port>/index.html -->User Management log in using j2ee_admin

When you go into one of the tabs, there will a client entry . Just change.

You should able to do the same thing with UME provider service in the visual admin.

Try this. This should solve the prob

reg,

0 Kudos

Hi Kristene,

I think that indeed it is a failure while in one of the parts you use a password in capital letters and another one in small letters. Indeed in WAS 7.0 passwords is case-sensity.

Bye,

Antonio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kristene,

I have created user id and pw in 001 and i am working in client 001. see in exchange profile and see whether it is pointing to 001 or 100

Thanks,

srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Junta,

I am still facing the same problem, as mentioned in the above blogs and responses i have done the same, but still i am not able to login into Integration builder repository. PISUPER and Password is correct and we are able to log in to administration tool.

Your Inputs are appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Naveen,

I have the same issue and can't get the line I quote here..

When you go into one of the tabs, there will a client entry . Just change.

You should able to do the same thing with UME provider service in the visual admin.

Please explain a little. Thank you.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Puloma,

I tried all the blogs, no one solved my problem.All the blogs talks about none of the user could not logon then these blogs can works.

But mycase is i can access successfully with PISUPER , but not any other user.So i dont think there will be network issue, or cache issue.

Why i could not login if i try with other user.

- Kristene

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

lookout for CAPS in password and try it. also give the user id a refresh with the profiles as like PIUSER. Also try to restart the j2ee engine and see.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kristene,

I had the same issue, i was able to logon with PISUPER but with my user id and pw, i used to get authorization errors. In my case i had 2 clients 001 and 200. I had user id and pw in 200. when i logon in 200 it was pointing to 001.

I created a user id and pw in 001. when u logon into 200 with the id and pw of 200, then when u tried to logon to IR if u get authorization errros, then try to enter the id and pw created for 001.

try this it may resolve ur issue

Thanks,

srini

Message was edited by:

srinivas kapu

Message was edited by:

srinivas kapu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes , i can login with PISUPER but not other users.I did resatrted the server but did not resolve the issue.

- Kristene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check Note 938980 if you are using VPN.

This is probably a Java Web-Start issue. Please check logon with other JWS versions. Also check if you have any conflicting JWS versions installed.

This is a checklist for logon errors:

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/02/13/unable-to-open-iresrid-xipipi-71-updated-for-pi-71-support

Also check the methods in these threads:

Regards,

Puloma.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Normally, a simple server restart solves this problem.

Also, try downloading all the certificates from the server again.

Regards,

Puloma.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill ,

ofcourse we have changed the password and succffully could login from ABAP.

when we try to go sxmb_ifr , then select Integration directory, IR it prompts me to enter user id and password.I gave same credentioal then it throws error.

-Kristene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jyo,

Have you got any single sign on? Might be caps lock on? Check all this? If everything is right you must login successfully.

Also try to login into Runtime workbench with PISUPER and check whether you are able to login or not? If yes then try with your userid.

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Userid created on ABAP will have an initial password. You must logon to ABAP and change this password to a permanent one. Then, you can try to logon using this new password.

Regards,

Bill