cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to map Icons to System parameter in EM Web UI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In the EM Web UI, we are currently displaying some fields which are System parameters in the back end. Now, we want to put icons beside these fields to make it look more informative. The problem is that the icons are only applicable for status value fields. My initial approach is to create a set of Status value fields and map them to the existing System Parameters, and display them as such in the Web UI. I find this approach somewhat inefficient since we are introducing too many parameters to the system. I have been advised to use the BADI found throught he SPRO path: Event Management > Business Add-Ins for SAP Event Management > BAdI: Change Web Dynpro UI, and use the table /SAPTRX/STATICON to display it in the Web UI. Any idea how to use this BADI? Do you have any samples/tutorials? Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Melvin,

easiest way should be:

Create a Status Profile for your System Parameter.

But do not assign it to your EH Type.

Create a configured field for the Status as for other status fields.

Assign it to your User Profile.

Now only fill the Status during processing based on your System Parameters in BADI /saptrx/badi_EH_s method AFTER_GET_DATA_DISP.

Here you have all data available

e.g. the Status in EH_STATUS and the System Parameter in EH_HEADER_EXTS.

In Status you have also a field for the ICON.

With this approach you don't need any additional data stored in the database for your EH. You just fill it on the fly when data is retrieved from UI.

Best regards,

Steffen

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Melvin,

Follow this below steps to do in standard config way:

1. Create a new Status attribute with status attribute values and assign icons.

2. Assign newly configured status attribute to existing Status Attribute profile which is in-turn assigned to existing event handler type.

3. Go to configure fields for user profiles -> Build Groups of Configured fields -> configure new group id for group field type "Display" and assign to event handler type

4. Go to configure fields for user profiles -> Configure Fields for Display ->

a) Create system parameter field with EM attribute ID SYST, assign newly configured group id and event handler type

b) Create Status Type with EM attribute ID STATUS_TYPE (check SUPPRESS to suppress this field as not require), assign newly configured group id and event handler type

c) Create Status ICON with EM Attribute ID STATUS_ICON, assign newly configured group id and event handler type:

5. Assign these fields in User Profile -> Display Profile.

6. When you execute SAP EM WebUI, you can all see only system parameter and status icon (you can configure to merge or show separate column based on your requirement.

Note: You have to do config for each system parameter1 to 5 steps.

If above solution is not suffice your requirement, then the only option would be a customization that is Steffen already suggested.

Regards

GGOPII

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

how do you get in your example the value into the status field based on the system parameter value?

Best regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steffen,

The status value field will be default status attribute value in status attribute profile or they can determine based on ruleset to update status:

It would be display like below for example:

Columns
Plant (System Param)Status (Surpressed)Status Icon
1834Plant DeterminedGreen Icon
1234Plant DeterminedGreen Icon
1345Plant DeterminedGreen Icon

Regards

GGOPII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

I maybe missing something here but can you elaborate the steps. Doesn't quite convincing what you are proposing here.

Thanks,

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

I given example how to do it.  Could you follow my steps which I mentioned and let me know where you stuck?

Let's see what you are missing.

Regards

GGOPII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

I do not have to configure:) to know if your solution works or not based on Melvin's question. It will not work as your solution is just grouping two independent fields ( system param and status icon ) together without any relation between them and that's what Steffen is also asking you and that's what Melvin's question is.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

Hmm ... System parameter connected to event handler extension and Statuses -> Status profile is assigned to an Event Handler type as a link.

Let me see in the system, why couldn't possible this config.  If Melvin require more than what I given then it would be a customization and that is what I mentioned in my solution also.

Regards

GGOPII

kevin_wilson2
Contributor
0 Kudos

As Steffen mentioned - This is only possible with the use of the BAdI to adjust the values after retrieving the data with the BAPI call. Pretty simple to do and quite an elegant solution offered up by Steffen. Thank you Steffen, good thinking.