SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate correspondence during refund run

saptarshi_saha1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

Our client has a requirement to generate correspondence entries in DFKKCOH to send letters later to a specific set of customers (leaving customers) during refund run by direct credit method. We normally use a variant for this refund run, but I was trying to understand at what event we should create the correspondence entry. I have looked at event 630 and thought we can may be check grouping number 101 and generate correspondence from here by FKK_WRITE_CORR since we shall have payment doc number doc1r at this stage.

Can you please suggest any better ways? I was hoping to do this through event 711 or 756.

Can anybody suggest if these events get triggered during payment media run (AKTYP = PAYM)?

Many thanks for your assistance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

saptarshi_saha1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Amlan. We are planning to use a custom cotyp here for our letter. The refund method is E and it is not through repayment, we are selecting open items and payment method E. But the FPY1 run is not catching event 711/710. If you debug by FKK_FUNC_MODULE_DETERMINE then event 711 is picked up, but at a stage before the items for payment runs are even selected and after that this event is not touched again.

It somehow gives me the feeling that having the CORR trigger in 711/710 might be wrong as at that point we still don't know whether refund is successfully sent (outgoing payment doc generated) or not.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

srinivasankh
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saptarshi,

My suggestion is to check event 640 as well before you decide, as this event has the actual data on paid items (I_FKKCL).

Thanks,

Srini

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saptarshi,

I would recommend you to use cotyp 0006 (payment advice notes) for generating the refund correspondence, which is bascially, event 711/710.

Having said the above, please note that the above events don't work, if you are generating the refund through a repayment request.

Also, if you are looking only for check refund correspondence, then the ideal would be to use events 725/724.

All these events gets triggerred during FPY1 run.

Hope it helps..

Thanks,

Amlan

saptarshi_saha1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Amlan. We are planning to use a custom cotyp here for our letter. The refund method is E and it is not through repayment, we are selecting open items and payment method E. But the FPY1 run is not catching event 711/710. If you debug by FKK_FUNC_MODULE_DETERMINE then event 711 is picked up, but at a stage before the items for payment runs are even selected and after that this event is not touched again.

It somehow gives me the feeling that having the CORR trigger in 711/710 might be wrong as at that point we still don't know whether refund is successfully sent (outgoing payment doc generated) or not.

0 Kudos

Hi Saptarshi,

If you are using a custom COTYP, then you can use event 699 for creating your refund correspondence.

Event 699 is used for any follow-on activites after the payment medium creation has been triggerred.

In here, you can have a custom FM, to populate the entries in DFKKCOH using FM, FKK_WRITE_CORR.

Then FPCOPARA will pick these entries up based on the particular COTYP and the application form assigned and will generate a file/spool based on the Business requirement.

Hope it helps..

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Thank you Amlan, we will try out this solution.

0 Kudos

Thanks again Amlan, we ran payment media job RFKKPAYMJOBC and letter trigger works through event 699.

Regards,

Saptarshi