cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide certain fields in detail section for display profile based on certain value in EM UI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We would need your help how to control to hide certain fields in details section in EM UI for one transaction scenario based on certain condition.

For example we have transaction scenario for Delivery in EM UI,  when user is selected DN scenario in dropdown in EM UI then currently  we are getting displayed certain fields in detail section based on configuration of display profile assigned to that particular transaction scenario. ( user profile -> web transaction scenario)

In EM UI, for DN transaction scenario - for example,  If process type is "XYZ" then we need to hide certain fields in detail section (these fields are configured as per display profile).  If process type is not "XYZ" then to show all fields in detail section of EM UI, which are there in display profile). Please let me know how to control this logic, if there is any specific BADI or any enhancement available to incorporate this logic in EM UI.

Process type is one of the fields (control parameter) in EM UI for DN scenario.

Thanks for your help!!

Best Regards,

Sudhan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kevin_wilson2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sudhan,

You can't do this using the filter profile. its based on a user's role as to whether they can see fields or not.

THere are 2 ways to achieve this:

1) Config: Create to Web Internet Transactions pointing to 2 different user profiles. 1 user profile will point to display profile abc and the second will point to display profile xyz. fields relevant for process 1 are displayed in abc and for process 2 these will be displayed in xyz. (Recommended method)

2) Code: use the BAdI method after get data to interrogate the results and manipulate accordingly. In this instance you will read the parameter to gauge the process type. Based on the type you will simply delete the parameters that don't need to be shown, from the parameter table of the BAdI.

Remember that you can also achieve your results with no changes if you simply:

1) Supress the value from being displayed on the web UI if it is blank - display field option

2) Ensure that the irrelevant fields are not populated during parameter extraction time (where you have access to process type)

good luck.

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Appreciate your help..

Could you please provide the path where to check for the below option in SPRO.

1) Supress the value from being displayed on the web UI if it is blank - display field option.

I have one UI configured field that I want to supress the value being displayed on the webUI. so that i will control with this configuration. kindly let me know where to check the display field option.

Regards

Sudhan

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhan,

in transaction /n/SAPTRX/UCCF

Then choose your Configured Field for Display and there is a flag

Suppr. Field in the detail.

Best regards,

Steffen

kevin_wilson2
Contributor
0 Kudos

I  am attending the Supply Chain conference right now without access to my SAP system.

It is in the IMG activity where you define your fields for use in the display profile. From the display profile itself you can simply drill in to it from there.

MAybe Zenon can send you a screenshot. Good luck.

THank you

KEvin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is it:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

Thanks for your reply.

But I have a group field in Detail section of EM UI, where group field has 5 different configure fields.

Please let me know if there is any way to supress the group field at one go via configuration. looks like group field doesn't have option to supress the group field.

For example XYZ is a group field, which has 5 different fields A,B,C,D,E. instead of hiding individual fields, I want to hide the group field in EM UI.

I have two process types LMN and RST for one transaction scenario and associated to one userprofile/display profile.

If process type is LMN then I want to hide the group field XYZ, else populate the group field XYZ .

Best Regards

Sudhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhan,

We don't have standard suppress option to cater for your scenario for group field.

However, you can achieve through BADI /SAPTRX/BADI_EH_S method AFTER_GET_DATA_DISP before display in SAP EM WebUI.

Create a custom table with possible key fields with suppress field and then write a logic in above BADI.  This would give you a flexibility in future to adapt for other scenarios as well.

Regards

GGOPII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudan,

Instead of exploring options to suppress the fields based on your process types, explore the option of not send those 5 fields to EM based on your process types. This way you do not have to worry about dealing with them in UI. If you use these 5 fields for any pre-processing/ruleset activities, then you have to go via BADI route to deal with them.

Thanks,

Vishnu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ZenonK
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sudhan.

Did you already try to achieve this via the standard Filtering technique?

Regards.

Zenon.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zenon,

We haven't had checked to achieve via standard filtering technique.

Please provide more details to look into this option.

Thanks

Sudhan

arun_yesodharan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sudhan,

1.If you have taken the process type as a event handler type then you can hide it as shown below, but

2. If you can create separate web transaction per process type , you can hide the fields as per the process type ,otherwise

I doubt this can be achieved via standard configuration.You can enhance the WebUI using the standard BADI. The badi interface SAPTRX/IF_BADI_WDA_UI. can be used for the same.

Regards,

Arun Yesodharan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Our scenario is web transaction scenario and event handler type is same for both process types, Please let me know how can be achieved this via BADI Interface /saptrx/if_badi_wda_UI, if u have any sample logic or code that would be great help..

Thanks

Sudhan