cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allocation of update work processes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I have a doubt regarding the allocation of update work processes in a system.

We have 4 application servers in our ECC system and I want to run a job in a specific application server and use only the work processes

in that server.

If I run the job by specifying one target server (SM36), Will it use the update work processes of other application servers?

Regards,

Vrinda

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vrinda,

I doubt this can be possible for a specific job.

For SAP system updates as whole this should be possible with the help of parameters rdisp/vb_dispatching and rdisp/vbname.

Kindly check below link for details:

System Profile Parameters for the Update - Updates in the SAP System (BC-CST-UP) - SAP Library

Lets wait for more answers.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Anita

Former Member
0 Kudos

It worked

Dispatching is activated by setting profile parameter rdisp/vb_dispatching = 1. If this parameter is set to 0, all update requests are sent to the server specified in profile parameter rdisp/vbname.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vrinda,

If I run the job by specifying one target server (SM36), Will it use the update work processes of other application servers?

If you run the job on one target server , where no upd process is define , then it will not able to update the database , if  load balancing for th update process is not defined.

You need to define the parameter rdisp/vname = <server name where upd process is running> in the instance profile of the dialog instance.

Kindly check the below sapnote

39412 - How many work processes should be configured?

System Profile Parameters for the Update - Updates in the SAP System (BC-CST-UP) - SAP Library

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vrinda.

Yes, it can use any one of the update working process within SAP SID system.(Any CI or App servers)

We have 4 application servers in our ECC system and I want to run a job in a specific application server and use only the work processes

in that server.

Yes, you can define the specific App server to execute the background job.

Regards

SS