cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Differentiate 2 ECC systems

0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are using SAP PI 7.4 Single Stack. We have to Integrate 2 ECC Clients to a Target System. We are using Sender Idoc Adapters to receive IDocs from ECC Clients. We have created 2 IDoc Adapters with Different Program Ids. We have used Resource Adapter Cloning to achieve this. We have different operation mappings for the ECC Clients. The 2 ECC Clients have same System ID, Same Logical System Name, Same Client Number.

* We are not able to Import 2 Business Systems as its showing error as Logical System already exists. System ID and Client already exists.
So if we use Business Component, how will PI be able to Identify the Client and hit the corresponding Scenario, Will it be able to identify the Scenario based on Program ID used in RFC Destination in R/3 system.

* Please Suggest if the above Scenario is correct or should i follow any other method !!

Thanks and Regards,

Karthik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

The Scenario from ECC system where we have given method as Default Destination in Sender Idoc Adapter is working fine.
The Scenario from ECC system where we have given method as From NWA is not working. The ping is working fine at channel and RFC destination. We are able to ping successfully from ECC to PI also.
When we trigger an Idoc in Second ECC system, in SM58 we are getting error as below.

No endpoints registered for (Program ID) on system (PI System).

I went through Blogs, i could see suggestions as in SM59, make the Connection type as UNICODE but we are not able to change it to UNICODE as the ECC system which customer has is not UNICODE compliant.

In PI Log viewer also we are getting similar error. Please help. Please let me know if i need to do any change in configuration.

Regards,

Karthik

vicky20691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

When you are choosing the method from NWA, what is the resource adapter name you are giving the the text box below?

Regards,

vikas

0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

In Channel under Resource Adapter Name have given as inboundRA_D11_100.

In Application Resources in NWA, the Resource Adapter (Cloning) name and JCA Resource name is also same (inboundRA_D11_100).

Thanks and Regards,

Karthik

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Check the below document

Does two ECC systems contain different client numbers?

Regards,

Praveen.

0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Even i have followed the same link. 2 ECC Clients have the same Client Numbers.
So we are using Default Destination Method in Sender Idoc Channel for 1st ECC Client and we are using from NWA Method by using Resource Adapter Cloning for 2nd ECC Client. We are not able to Test the Scenario as there is an issue with Connectivity from HEC PI to ECC but as the time for completing the Scenario is less i wanted to be sure whether the configuration will work based on business component. My doubt is On what basis will PI hit the corresponding Scenario for the ECC Client.. As we are not able to import Business Systems in ID as 2 ECC Clients have same Client No and Same Logical system, we have created Business Component for the Second Client. Will it identify corresponding scenario based on the Program ID which 2nd ECC Client will be using in their RFC Destination !!

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Karthik,

Based on program ID and resource adapter configured the ECC systems will be differentiated.

when triggering the IDOC ensure your selecting the correct Port and partnerprofile.