cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facing issues SAP Lumira Extensions

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are facing issues with installing Lumira extensions "SAP BW Data Acquisition Connector" and "SAP Universe Query Panel" using extension manager. When we run the SAP Lumira application as admin, it will let's us install the extensions and then asks for a restart. Once we restart the machine and open Lumira again, the extensions goes away and when we try to install them again it is giving an error called "The extension folder "bundles" could not be accessed". Did anyone face this issue earlier? Appreciate your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

varunanand
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siri,

I had a similar issue with the extensions. It worked after uninstalling and installing to the latest version of Lumira.

Thank you,

Varun Anand

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi

can you please check if your extension zip has bundles , eclipse and features directory inside the zip and not under any folder? if these 3 folders are not top folders directly under zip then this issue will occur. please let me know on this.

0 Kudos

Hi

does this extension zip which you are uploading has bundles directory? this issue occur if you do not have bundles directory in zip.

Will it be possible for you to share the extension zip (dummy extension with error and not the original one) which we can debug and get back to you?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please see if the following will help:

1) Make sure Lumira is closed

2) Clear your browser cache

3) Locate C:\Users\YOUR_user id>\sapvi folder

4) Delete the folder sapvi

5) Open Lumira, go to File Extensions and install the extensions again - as a local Administrator

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Join us for Lumira Social Hour April 14, 2016

Follow us on Twitter (#SAPLumira)

Got Enhancement ideas? Use the SAP Idea Place 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

Thanks for your answer but this didn't help us. With local admin rights it is not even letting us to install these extensions. The extensions are showing up only when we open the application with full admin rights, for local admin rights and without any admin rights it is giving the same error message as shown in above screen shot.

Any other inputs?

-Siri

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Let's take the error at face value then. In Windows Explorer go to here: C:\Users\I818592\.sapvi\extensions\bundles

Check that the bundles folder has read / write permissions. Also, check that the %TEMP% folder has read / write permissions.

If that does not help, let's see if the lumira logs tell us anything. See KBA 2220451 - High Level SAP Lumira Desktop Trace Log Files Using enabletracing.bat File - v. 2

To have someone look at the logs, I'd recommend creating a phone incident in the SAP Market Place, describe the issue and attache the logs to the incident.

- Ludek