cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen personas various questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

First of all, thanks for your patience and understanding. Indeed it is my first SCN ticket.

I have many questions regarding Personas as my customer is interested in and would like to set it up.

• Question 1: What are the main differences between screen personas 3.0 and 2.0 except silverlight dependancy vs HTML5 and scripting options?
  • Question 2: Is it possible to install screen personas 3.0 on a central server? Or is it specific to 2.0?
  • Question 3: Fiori is already installed in the landscape. Is it possible to reuse Fiori gateway and install screen personas in a central way on the same gateway? Indeed, it would help us to bypass a kernel issue (721 ext in backend systems).
  • Question 4: Which version do you suggest? 2.0 or 3.0?
  • Question 5: With screen personas 2.0, is it possible to create some specific table? Our goal is to create dynamic report in our cockpit.

Thanks for reading this message and I am waiting for your return.

Best regards,

Alain-Christian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
  1. There are lots of differences. You've already mentioned two of the main ones - Silverlight in 2 and pure HTML in 3, and the the scripting capabilities in 3 are significantly better. In addition, Personas 3 has theming capabilities that Personas 2 doesn't. Your subsequent questions cover some of the other technical differences...
  2. Personas 3 cannot be installed in the "hub" configuration that Personas 2 supports. Personas 3 must be installed in each back end system directly.
  3. The existence of Fiori makes no difference - Personas 3 must be installed directly in each backend system. But if the backend NetWeaver/kernel version is your problem with Personas 3, see this blog post about a beta program to test Personas 3 on older versions - SAP Screen Personas 3.0 to start beta testing on SAP Kernel 7.22.
  4. Personally, if you can meet the technical requirements I would go for Personas 3. It is a much more capable product.
  5. Creating custom tables is difficult in both Personas 2 and Personas 3. In Personas 3 it is a little easier. In particular you can use UI5 controls, like this - .

Hope those answers help.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Steve,

Thanks for all those details and your quick reply. I will keep seeking for more informations but from now on I have a good idea of what we can do and propose to our customer.

Best regards,

Alain

Answers (0)