cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorizations and roles needed in ECC to post message

Former Member
0 Kudos

my scenario is working fine in DEV system. It's a webservice to ECC scenario. I now transported the interface to QAS.

However, I am using a user id and password in PI communication channel for ECC system, SOAP Receiver with XI message protocol.

I am getting 403 unauthorized. In DEV ECC system they gave SAP_ALL for the user but in QAS ECC the BASIS said they can't give SAP_ALL access. Can you tell me what authorization you need to post messages, the normal message processing in ECC system?

Also I need to configure integration engine in sxmb_adm of ECC QAS system. what authorization I need for that

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun,

The user must have role SAP_XI_APPL_SERV_USER, check below link

Service User for Message Exchange - SAP NetWeaver Process Integration Security Guide - SAP Library

Messaging Component

Role

ABAP proxy sender

No special authorization required

Java proxy sender

SAP_XI_APPL_SERV_USER

Advanced Adapter Engine

SAP_XI_APPL_SERV_USER

Integration Server

SAP_XI_APPL_SERV_USER

ABAP proxy receiver

SAP_XI_APPL_SERV_USER (additional application-specific authorizations required)

Java proxy receiver

SAP_XI_APPL_SERV_USER (additional application-specific authorizations required)

Proxy sender side you can use this link Connecting the ABAP Backend to Advanced Adapter Engine - Configuring Process Integration (PI) After ...

To create a new user, you can use transaction SU01 to copy the PIAPPL<SID of AEX> to PIAPPL<SID of the ABAP Backend System>.

The user and password (or any other user that you may specify instead) must exist on the Advanced Adapter Engine with the role SAP_XI_APPL_SERV_USER (service user role for application systems).

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Praveen

I am asking about ECC.

In SOAP Receiver channel, I am using logon credentials of ECC system and then I add the userid and password of a user that can access ECC system.

This user has to post messages to the respective functional modules. I am getting error in ECC system

former_member186851
Active Contributor
iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun,

This user has to post messages to the respective functional modules. I am getting error in ECC system

First of all you have to differentiate between a proxy authorization and functional authorization. If you have an issue relative for example to post a document, you have to talk with your SAP consultants because the problem is not in the integration roles.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, it's proxy authentication.

I am getting 403 error in Receiver soap communication channel in PO

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun,

Have you activated in the ECC SICF transaction, the service http://HOST:8000/sap/xi/engine?type=entry?

Regards.