cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License Block for Delivery in GTS in case of missing Legal Unit

0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I have scenario where  LU which is combination of Storage Location Country/Plant/Storage Location- CN0001SLOC is not created in GTS. But Plant exists in GTS. Now from ECC the Delivery is created and its screened in GTS. As the Legal unit was not there, GTS used the country of Plant to run the legal determination check and it found the plant country and country of ship to party is same so no license check required.

But the storage location country was CN and country of plant was HK and so as country of Ship to party.

I know if Legal unit is created and not assigned to any license, system would definitely give the legal control block. But in this case as LU was not there, system ran the legal control check based on plant country.

Is there a way we can block the Delivery in GTS if Legal Unit is not created in GTS.

Thanks

Dushyant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kul_vaibhav
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dushyant,

As far as I understand, you have different address for Plant and Storage Location hence you have defined separate Legal Unit for each.

But now in this case, you have not defiled legal unit for Plant/Storage location combination but still system is picking legal unit corresponding to plant and carrying out the checks which is expected behaviour as per standard.

To avoid this situation, I believe you should only define a Legal Unit for Plant/Storage Locarion combination. In this case, legal unit mapping is not required for plant alone.Hence, if you have not created a legal unit for plant/storage location combination, system will not find any legal unit and block the document.

Regards,

Kul Vaibhav

shrinivas_hosmani
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dushyant,

It's probably simple. In your scenario your combination was CN0001SLOC. The system is allowing for the delivery screening as 0001 plant exists in GTS. 0001 itself is the legal unit in GTS which is mapped to the corresponding plant (for which the delivery was created). If the legal unit of 0001 is not there, then the delivery would have got stopped which is standard SAP. Even though you stated the combination of your legal unit was Country/Plant/Storage location, you haven't defined that as your legal unit anywhere for the system to override (the standard mapping of legal unit 0001 which existed).

Hope it helps! I apologize if I have not understood your scenario correctly.

Thanks,

Shrini