Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning Operator Configuration - to Clear Data

former_member465313
Participant
0 Kudos

Experts,

Similar to the copy Operator in the Planning Operator Configuration, i.e. SAP_SFND."sap.sop.sopfnd.catalogue::SOPAPI_EXECUTE_SCHEDULER_COPY_JOB",

Is there any DELETE or CLEAR function available like SAP_SFND."sap.sop.sopfnd.catalogue::SOPAPI_EXECUTE_SCHEDULER_xxxx_JOB" ..

I would like to clear only few Keyfigures by running the job , similar to copy OPERATOR?

Looked at latest documentation and couldn't find any details?

Thanks,

Shakeel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Irmi_Kuntze
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

PURGE Planning Operator exists in all releases IBP 4 - 6.

Find the description in the new model config guide for IBP 6.1 which was released begin of this weekYou set an offset value that defines how much in the past ALL KF will be whited out

If you need by KF, you can indeed run a copy operator, quite a lot of work. .

You dont need a storage KF, just a calculated on very lowest existing planning level that is calculates and set the constant value "NULL". .

On all aggregated levels where you may have planning levels for other KF you make a simple sum-calculation. .

This is than your input for the copy operator. .

Only advisable if you really need to keep some KF in different time horizon than others

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you just need an empty keyfigure, it doesn't mind if it is calculated or stored. I just said stored because it is easier to set up (and empty by default) and I think that if they are empty, they do not comsume space.

If you use a calculated one, you have to set an input keyfigure for the caculation (any KF at the most detailed level would be ok) and create a calculation like this to set a constant

IF (2>1) ; 0 ; input keyfigure)

Or is there a simpler way to set a constant? As with an stored was ok for me, didn't dig much into this.

Regards.

Irmi_Kuntze
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

an empty not-initialize non-stored KF will not work because if it is not initialized the periods will be ignored and you dont copy anything at all, not even NULL

formula is correct in principle, but dont set 0 but NULL, as NULL is initial and 0 is a stored value

I propose the following:

KF2 @ lowestNPL = IF(KF1@lowestBPL < -99999999, NULL , NULL)

The check on KF is necessary as teh system would not allow you to just say

KF2 @ lowestBPL = NULL

because it would be missing the input planning level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not sure if it is possible, I've had the same problem and didn't find an standard solution for that.

What we did was to create an empty key figure at the base planning level (declared just as stored).

After that we just use the copy operator from the empty keyfigure to the target keyfigure.

The manage version functionality allows the deletion of keyfigure data based on starting and ending periods, but it can't be scheduled using operators (or at least I didn't find the way)

Kind Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shakeel,

Which version of IBP you are using? There is an operator called PURGE, which you can use to delete the data of KF that is older than a specified time period. But this operator is for all KFs, you cannot configure for specific KF.

Best regards

Rinju