Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concept of Older than x days and younger than y days

suraj_pabbathi2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are creating number of monitoring objects in SAP solution manager. I am having difficulty in understanding the concept of Older than x days and Younger than y days.

Can you give me an example? Basically I want to define a monitoring object on NAST output message from yesterday to today (the time at which the object runs in solution manager).

Thanks,
Suraj Pabbathi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj

The parameter older than / younger than is basically checking document date/creation date.

Sometime, to some data there might be some reprocessing activity. And if you want to avoid

too strict alerting, you might use older than parameter.

For example data created 2016/February/1st

If you use older than 1 day, if the data is remain same situation after 1 day,  the data is alerted.

Younger than parameter can be used to avoid too old data. If you use younger than 30 days,

only the data created last 30 days are checked.

Similar concept apply for overdue since and overdue less. Difference is, overdue is based on due date.

If you use overdue since 5 days,  that means the data overdue already more than 5 days against planned due date and it is not processed <completed>.

If you use overdue less, then you only check some data that last due date for last x days.

Hope this help your understanding.

Best Regards

Keiji