SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICA_SAMPLE_1708 - FKK_READ_DUNNING_HISTORY - Fast dunning option

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

Anyone with experience using the option Fast Dunning in function module FKK_READ_DUNNING_HISTORY ?

Thanks in advance.

Mario.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

srinivasankh
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

Personally I have not used with the option before, but technically, only difference is that while fetching dunning history from table FKKMAZE, with this option FAST_DUNNING = 'X', it fetches only the items which has issue date is within 60 days from the latest dunned item for that Business Partner. This is to reduce the number of items returned from Dunning History.

If you want to use option FAST_DUNNING = 'X' then HEADERS_ONLY should not be set (i.e. this fast dunning option is only applicable if you want line item level dunning history).

Thanks,

Srini

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

srinivasankh
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

Personally I have not used with the option before, but technically, only difference is that while fetching dunning history from table FKKMAZE, with this option FAST_DUNNING = 'X', it fetches only the items which has issue date is within 60 days from the latest dunned item for that Business Partner. This is to reduce the number of items returned from Dunning History.

If you want to use option FAST_DUNNING = 'X' then HEADERS_ONLY should not be set (i.e. this fast dunning option is only applicable if you want line item level dunning history).

Thanks,

Srini

0 Kudos

This Srinivasan,

Do you know what are the implications downwards of not selecting the whole FKKMAZE?

What could change from a process perspective?

Thanks,

M.

0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

It really depends on what for you read dunning history and the associated process.

If its just for read-only report then I don't see any major impact, but again it depends on your requirement.

Thanks,

Srini

0 Kudos

Thanks again,

But to be more specific, in a standard SAP process, in event 1708, what is function module fkk_read_dunning_history and table FKKMAZE used for? how could it affect the dunning action determined in the proposal.

0 Kudos

mario:

If your dunning is set up such that there is a long time eg more than 60 days between activities, then fast dunning would not be an options since you could get the wrong results.  If you do not have that situation - then you should see benefits.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

Event 1708 is called during Dunning Proposal run i.e. FPVA mass activity, and call to this FM - FKK_READ_DUNNING_HISTORY is performed by standard and it retrieves the dunning history at line item level relevant to the current interval being processed in Proposal run.

If you are adding Installation-specific FM below in FQEVENT 1708 then I would recommend not to change any parameters being passed to FKK_READ_DUNNING_HISTORY unless its inevitable due to performance. This FM returns the historical dunning line items which will be used to determine the next dunning level and other standard process during dunning proposal run.

Thanks,

Srini

0 Kudos

Thanks Bill, if I have some activities (especially for the last collection steps) that are performed each 90 days, what would be the impact? will I still have access to the last run based on FKKMAKO? iis just FKKMAZE that is dropped?

former_member199199
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

If you have dunning history to be considered during a dunning run and that is more than 60 days old, better not to use the option of fast dunning.

Regards,

Bodhisattwa

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

I would not recommend you to use the Fast Dunning in function module FKK_READ_DUNNING_HISTORY even if you have a collection cycle of less than 60 days.

One practical example would be;dunning locks placed on the account for different reasons as a part of the normal BAU process,which may increase the collection cycle lead time.

As a result of which,using the Fast Dunning parameter will not give you correct results.

Apart from the performance, is there any specific reason, why you want to go for this option.

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Thanks Amlan,

Correct me if am wrong, but the risk would only exist if I have a condition or logic based on FKKMAZE to determine the next collection step or dunning level.

If the logic is not based on FKKMAZE where is the risk?

0 Kudos

mario:

Fast dunning was added to the solution a long time ago, then almost immediately it was 'removed' because of wrong results which occurred for many reasons, locks, errors, installments, thresholds, etc.  For some reason the correction did not remove all of the traces of it.  I would not recommend any usage of this - which begs the question, why are you looking at this?

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Thanks William,

Mainly performance issues, even after implementing several notes related to FKKMAZE and FKK_READ_DUNNING_HISTORY , FPVA is taking extremely long time, performance traces show that a lot of resources are used on selects performed on FKKMAZE.

0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

There is a very recent note, 2269280,which talks about the performance issue in FKK_READ_DUNNING_HISTORY for Oracle Database only.

Depending on the System version that you are in, you can implement this note.

Other relevant notes, that would be worth looking are 2105992 and 2000205.

Hope it helps in solving the performance issues.

Another option, would be to go for archiving the dunning tables, if the data in the FKKMA* tables are really huge.

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.