Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to activate/deactivate field in PPM item window

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have an issue in activating field 'Financial Planning Start/Finish" under Overview tab of PPM item. I am unable to find respective technical field for it and I believe the path would be: SPRO_> PPM-> Global Customizing->Global field Settings->Define custom field configuration.

Screen shot attached;

A shown in the screen shot, I want to enable this field '

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Saurabh

These fields are called BEGDA_FIN and ENDDA_FIN

The values for these fields are maintained at Bucket level and in standard these values are then applied to Initiatives/Items associated with the Bucket

If you take a look at settings under "Check SAP Field configuration" for object type RBH (Bucket) you will see these fields as input values, and under RIH they are display only. Since standard logic exist to push values from the Bucket to the Item for these fields, you should be careful to change this to input at Item level in my opinion.

Not sure why they are not visible for you since the upgrade, but take a look at the standard configuration and also at the 'Define custom configuration' settings in this regard.

Regards
C

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chatsworth,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried the way you suggested but still I am not able to see that field on PPM item Financial information tab.

So far I was able to activate/deactivate  other fields but in this case, I dint get any success so far..

BR

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh

Please send a screenshot of the Bucket Financial Planning tab as well as the Item financial planning tab

Thanks

C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

Can you also confirm that you didn't by mistake hide the field/s from the UI? Right click on the screen area and then follow the option to unhide invisible UI elements. If you do not get any entries in this option then nothing has been hidden

Regards

C

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chatsworth,

I did that too but still I am not able to see that field.

Do you need any screen shots of any settings ?

BR

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh

Yes - please send a screenshot of the SAP as well as the custom field override config settings as well as the Bucket and Item financial overview screens

Thanks

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chatsworth,

Please see the scree shot as required :

I could see the field in bucket (as shown above)  but it is not shown under item..

BR

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh

It is interesting that this field is read-only at Bucket level - this is normally an input field at this level. Can you also send the configuration screenshot for RBH (you only sent the configuration screenshot for RIH)?

Thanks

C

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chatsworth,

Please see:

BR

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This does not look correct

In the standard (Check SAP field configuration) for RBH these fields should both be set as READ only = 'False' and REQUIRED = "True"

Did you change this? Change it back to the standard as per above and check again - first your Bucket (fill these values ) then your Item

As mentioned before these are standard settings and a standard passing of these values occur from Bucket to Item. Perhaps, by deactivating it at RBH level, these fields have been affected at RIH level

Regards,

C

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chatsworth,

Actually I adjusted the std. configuration the way you suggested and unfortunately it did not work out

But I found something weird. With its webdynpro component, I found difference in its layout containers (as shown below):

:

In ECT (Test) I could see field comes under a separate container DATES_CONTAINER. But in ECD (dev) this container DATES_CONTAINER comes under another container DISCOUNT_RATE_CONTAINER. so could that be a reason for this.

Please let me know how can we fix that.

Best regards
Saurabh

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Any help further on this?

BR

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh

I unfortunately don't know

The SAP fieldconfig should not be changed and I thought I made that clear from the start. In my last post I mentioned this was different to standard and that it should be changed back

We are running PPM version 6.1. a well as lower versions and I have not come across this issue there. I will check again and let you know if I can think of something

Regards

C

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chatsworth,

Thanks for your reply.

Will look back to hear something from you.

Meanwhile, I have raised an OSS to SAP also .

BR
Saurabh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To add more info. on it:

After upgrade we lost this field from front (UI) view, I want to retrieve this info. back from configuration. Could you please help me in getting it back.

Best Regards

Saurabh

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Any pointers on it?

Best Regards

Saurabh