Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control of Project Budget via Budget Profile and Program Type

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have both CAPEX and OPEX projects for our client. Previously I was thinking to use two separate Budget profiles and assign them to different Project Profiles for handling CAPEX and OPEX projects.

In the CAPEX Budget Profile I was thinking to default the Program type so that whenever a project is created it can only be budgeted from a Program. While OPEX Budget Profile would not have this program type defaulted.

But here CAPEX Projects will always be created from appropriation requests which are assigned to program positions. In other  words the wbs also inherits the positions when they are created from the AR. So by default the budget cannot be carried out unless distributed from a program budget. If this is the scenario can you give suggestions that I can keep the same Budget profile for both kinds of projects and still the control of Program vs. measure will be there.

Regards,

Suman.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

for two different projects budget profile should be different too this is my opinion because not today, but it would be complex a lots in future prospectives.

above paulo given her view this is also valuable point to keep differ budget profile to capex and opex kind of projects.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

To have a bit of more flexibility I do recommend to keep two profiles.  CAPEX normally has availability control on the overall amount and lasting several years, while OPEX normally has annual availability control.

Regards,

Paulo