Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using SAP HCI PI for Onpremise SFTP Connection

kumaresh_d
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can you confirm if we can use HCI PI for SFTP On-premise Connection.

I checked the SAP Cloud connector Setup which is used for on-premise connections but it does not talk about SFTP On-premise but only SAP Backend and HTTP Connections.

So can any one confirm on this or using HCI-DS is the only option for On-premise SFTP connections.

Thanks,

Kumaresh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kumaresh,

You can connect to on-premise SFTP from SAP HCI.

Refer the below link for configurations

https://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/hci1/en/SAP_HCI_Overview.pdf

kumaresh_d
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Thanks for the input, can you confirm if SAP Cloud connector is needed to establish connectivity with On-premise SFTP?

As it is mentioned in SAP HELP SAP HANA Cloud Platform

that SAP Cloud connector runs as on-premise agent in a secured network and acts as a reverse invoke proxy between the on-premise network and SAP HANA Cloud Platform.

If SAP Cloud connector is a must for exposing On-premise systems to HCI, Can you provide steps on how to configure SFTP using Cloud connector.

Regards,

Kumaresh

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kumaresh,

You have HCI Tenant right?

The normal SFTP adapter in the HCI should help you out.

kumaresh_d
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Do you mean opening Firewall between HCI (Cloud) and the on-premise SFTP server.

I am looking for a secure data transfer option say SAP Cloud Connector. Using reverse proxy etc is viable solution but again not 100% secure.

I do not see any documentation for Cloud connector in Setting up SFTP On-premise.

1.) is that option not available in cloud connector ?

2:) I know SAP Data service agent can be used for the On-premise SFTP setup, so is this the only option provided by HCI?

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kumaresh,

SFTP is secured as well any specific reason for going to other options?

kumaresh_d
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

SFTP as a protocol is secure, but i believe to establish the connection there is a need to open firewall between these 2 systems, in my case Cloud to On-premise.

Refer below link for potential issues :

SAP HANA Cloud Platform

So in this case i need a safe and secure options like using either HCI Cloud Connector or HCI Data Services Agent.Please let me know.

Br,

Kumaresh

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kumaresh,

I didnt find any difficulty while connecting to SFTP with HCI using SFTP adatper.

Just enabled the firewall,Imported the certificates.it worked.

Anyways lets wait for comments from other experts ,If I had missed something.