cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two invoices for a SO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have to cancel some invoices with VF11, open the sales order and SD and then reissue the invoice in order to change the VAT tax (the invoices were issued with wrong VAT tax) in VA02.

The trouble is that on my orders I have some products with different VAT tax.

My question is how can I generate two invoices for the same sales order, as I cannot have products with different VAT tax on the same invoice?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Assuming that you have maintained condition record for the revised tax, while executing VF01 or VF04, maintain the service rendered date as that of the validity date of that tax condition record, so that, system will fetch the new tax value.

ps:-  As you mentioned, it is not two invoices but only one invoice since you need to cancel the original billing document.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still I have to keep products with different vat tax amount on the same order as I cannot cancel the original order. For some of them I had to change the vat according to a new taxing system and for some I have to keep another value of the tax, as they are not subject to that change.

The new taxing system wasn't implemented in SAP and the techs are working on it. For the moment I have to change that amount manually until they do, and then I run over this situation with items that are subject of this change, and items that keep the other value.

Than you for you answer!

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sabina,

if I understood you correctly, you face no issues with setting the correct tax values and codes in the original document, but with choosing which items to include in each invoice.

There is an option, which you might be able to use - set temporarily a billing block for part of the items, bill the rest, remove the block, bill what was left. It is tedious, because you will need to choose manually which items to include in each invoice, but for this short transition period it might be manageable.

There could be other possible options - depending on what is the setup in your system, unfortunately your role as a key/end user does not imply access to such information.

If you have a lot of documents to correct and manually setting/removing billing block on item level is not a realistic option, then you will need to ask your support consultant to provide you with a workaround.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Veselina,

After reading Sabina's post, I was thinking, may be we can have invoice split criteria defined as part of copy control from sales order to invoice (based on tax charged country) so that every time such a scenario comes up, system takes care of it automatically i.e. two or more invoices get created from the same sales order based on tax charged country. Do you think this would work here? Would this be the right approach?

Regards,

Laxmy

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, I agree, this is the right way to solve the problem in general.

The question from the OP was what a key user can do until the customizing/development gets into the productive environment.

My understanding was that the consultants were already working on that and she needed some interim solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your immediate response.

I agree that as a temporary workaround to immediately process the sales order as desired by the OP, your suggestion will work perfectly.

Answers (0)