cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

clear serial numbers via LI21

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know of OSS note 1029330 which calls out Badi LE_WM_INV_WM_IM to allow us to clear serial numbers via LI21. However we want o find a more std solution to clear seralized mtls via LI21. I came across a post to leverage MB11 and do a 711/712 to clear the differences and it looks like it works. However if I run LI21 again, the same mtl shows up on the list and the system expects me to clear the differences with the serial numbers via LI21. How do I get rid of the message in LI21 now that I have done the work around and generated a 712 MVMT material document ?

Also is this "workaround" a good practice to follow ?

Thanks

GS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

please elaborate in detail, what are you exactly doing using MB11 transaction and then what all are you doing in WM.

You mentioned about getting rid of message in LI21, which message you are getting in LI21?

JFYI: Serial numbers are not handled in SAP WM or it can not be tracked in WM

BR

Kamlakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear G S

New transaction LI21(RLLI2110) was developed after improving old report RLLI2100.

However , LI21 is still weak in certain areas like serial number , reason of movement amongst others.

This is the reason why SAP itself suggests either RLLI2100 report or BADI LE_WM_INV_WM_IM !!

As far as MB11 is concerned, its just a band aid , I believe.

Would you like to allow whse people to apply that much brain to enter st type and bin every time they want to clear IM for serial numbers in MB11 ?

As far as your error goes , that item still remains in LI21 , I dont think so ? Did you check matl doc was posted correctly in MB11  or are you seeing correct st bin (Inv rec) in LI21 ?

Now for RLLI2100 report , you can definitely use this one as SAP suggests it.

However in this case , you will have to decide how to maintain and train people to use both LI21 and RLLI2100 in non serialized and serialized scenarios.

I personally would always like that whse people use one transaction for IM clearing that handles everything.So that process is simple and you dont create confusion to use different transactions in different scenarios.

I believe, BADI LE_WM_INV_WM_IM strengthens LI21 in MM-IM constellation to great extent.

With it , you will have additional screen to enter serial numbers.

I consider BADI as good practice and not a workaround, otherwise why SAP will publish its use ?

However , decision is yours to use RLLI2100 or BADI considering process-people environment.

Regards,

Ajay