cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: FTPEx 421 Unexpected reply codeTimeout (300 seconds)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Scenario -  FILE to RFC

FTP adapter pick up the file and send to RFC for processing. File processing is takes around 10 minutes.

After the file is processed, the input file is Archive to the given path.

The scenario is working fine, file gets processed successfully.

But, in sxmb_moni i get two response message where as one input file should have only one response file.

In the message log, i get the below Error :

FTPEx : 421 Unexpected reply codeTimeout (300 seconds): closing control connection - retrying...

Please suggest some solution to eliminate double response or to solve above error.

Regards,

Neha A.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

It is better to put the modules in receiver channel then up to receiver channel it will be asynchronous only when calling RFC is synchronous, if it fails you can restart from there or cancel like normal asynchronous scenario.

Check below blogs for more details.

Bridges Construction Site (1/3): Asynchronous - synchronous bridge.

Generic PI Async-Sync Bridge Configuration for Any Adapters

Regards,

Praveen.

0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

FTP adapter is asynchronous in nature, why are you expecting response from RFC ? Are you using async-sync bridge for the configuration ?

If possible, please post the sxmb_moni screenshot, it'll help us in analysis.

Regards,

Sudhir Kumar

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Neha,

Seems that, your BAPI at the ABAP end is not able to handle the huge data. This is the reason you are receiving this Unexpected reply code error.

Please try to run the function module directly in ABAP without PI and also try it with less data.

Regards,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, the RFC is taking around 10 minutes. But we have set PI HTTP_TIMEOUT parameter to 20 minutes and FTP Timeout parameter on FTP server to 1200 seconds.

Yet the error is showing for timeout after 300 seconds.

Can you tell me, which timeout parameter it is referring?

Regards,

Neha A.

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

May be you set the time out parameter to 300 in sender ftp channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

I have not set any time parameter to 300 in sender FTP channel.

Regards,

Neha A.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Does Connection Mode plays any role into this?

I have used Connection Mode - Per File Transfer in this case.

Regards,

Neha A

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

Please change it to Permanent and try. Per File transfer will close the connection after particular amount of time, but when it is in permanent mode the connections are kept active.

Also please change the Data connection mode to active.

Regards,

Nitin

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

In your RFC receiver channel, please check if you have provided timeout parameter? If you have provided 3000 ms, increase it to more 10 minutes (as your RFC is taking more than 10 mins to process the messages) and then try triggering the messages.

Regards,

Nitin

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

It is using TimeoutNoTransfer which is set in FTP server, the default value for this is 300 seconds 
TimeoutNoTransfer

The TimeoutNoTransfer directive configures the maximum number of seconds a client is allowed to spend connected, after authentication, without issuing a command which results in creating an active or passive data connection (i.e. sending/receiving a file, or receiving a directory listing). See Also: TimeoutIdle, TimeoutLogin

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin

I have changed the connection mode to Permanent Mode and status to active.

In my RFC receiver channel, there is no such parameter for Timeout for Synchronous Communication in Advance Tab. It may be because of PI version.

I will check the working and let you know. Thanks.

Regards,
Neha A