cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Connection from SAP PI to SAP R/3 not allowed

0 Kudos

Dear All

I have a problem establishing a connection from a new SAP PI to a SAP R/3 installation.

I tried to set the gw/acl_mode parameter to 0 on the R/3 but I still get that message in the Communication Channel monitor on PI:

What I think is strange is the fact that it shows "???" as the host name? Does anyone have an idea why that could be? Which settings should I check?

Thank you very much for your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

feng_shi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

please be aware that gw/acl_mode=0 will not be taken affect if there are entries in secinfo and reginfo file.

(secinfo and reginfo file are defined by parameter gw/sec_info and gw/reg_info)

it shows "???" as the host name probably the system could not resolve host name.

Thanks and best regards,

Shi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go through below sapnote

1850230 - GW: "Registration of tp <program ID> not allowed" [VIDEO]

if that helps.

You can also try by enabling the trace to find more details on this..

SMGW => Goto => Expert Functions => Logging => you will get the screen where you can choose what you want to log
Regards,
Prithviraj.
0 Kudos

Dear Feng Shi

That hint from you helped us to solve the issue:

please be aware that gw/acl_mode=0 will not be taken affect if there are entries in secinfo and reginfo file.

Many thanks for your help.

Best regards

Till

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi Till,

As per your error screen, the RC is 720 which means "TP_REG_SECU_ERROR" according to SAP note: 63347 - List: CPIC error codes

You need to check the reginfo file. Please refer the below SAP note which exactly refers to same RC:-

1069911 - GW: Changes to the ACL list of the gateway (reginfo)

Thanks,

Needu

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Till.

Could you share the SAP PI & R3 systems version details?

Regards

SS

former_member185327
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Till,

Can you kindly check your RFC Log "dev_rfc" from the PI Server if you have the access ?

Thanks and Regards

Anurag